Haven Room Differences on Breakaway

jinteso

We have 2 adults that will be travelling. We are doing a Baltic cruise. Others on this board (who just got back from that cruise) have convinced me not to get a Haven spa suite since the itinerary is so long and full. Thank you for that information.

Let leads to a few questions:

1. Is it really worth getting anything more than an H7 for 2 people? I know that they are not on deck 16, but are there any other advantages that I am unaware of? Like, is the butler service better on 16 since everyone is collocated?

2. Would it really be worth upgrading to an Owner's Suite or DOS for just 2 of us? Any other real advantages over the other cabins?

3. Does the H7 have a shower too or just the tub? It is hard to tell from the floorplan.

Thank you!

I have stayed in the H2,H4 and H6 on the Breakaway with DW and 2 kids. For two people I would recommend the H6 if you like a huge balcony at the aft of the ship. H2 if you can swing it as it is quite a lot more money. The H4 would be a waste with the second bedroom. I have not stayed in the H5 but that probably is the best for just 2 people.

The Spa Suite is usually one of the least expensive categories that gets you Haven access plus you have the tub in the room and spa access without paying additional for it so you can just go when you want.

Let leads to a few questions:

1. Is it really worth getting anything more than an H7 for 2 people? I know that they are not on deck 16, but are there any other advantages that I am unaware of? Like, is the butler service better on 16 since everyone is collocated?

The H7 has a size advantage over the H9 and all (except the HC) H7 have a separate living room/bedroom.

The butler service will depend on the butler assigned to that area (they rotate every few weeks) and has nothing to do with being "away" from the Haven. Your butler won't be serving those inside the Haven that week so you won't be treated differently based solely on your location.

2. Would it really be worth upgrading to an Owner's Suite or DOS for just 2 of us? Any other real advantages over the other cabins?

There are a few minor perks but otherwise, not needed for just 2 people.

3. Does the H7 have a shower too or just the tub? It is hard to tell from the floorplan.

Both

I prefer the H6 but since balcony size varies and there are 2 different room configurations, you have to do more research to decide which H6 to take.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Thank you all for the help. I think that I will go with the H7 based on the answers. As much as the spa was our first choice, we ruled it out due to itinerary. Not much time to use it. We definitely like having the separate living room to eat, read or if one of us is up a lot earlier than the other.

Two Wheels Only (if you read this thread again):

What are the minor perks? We will be travelling with 4 or 6 in the future.

Second, what is an HC? I have never heard of that one.

The DOS gets a few bottles of alcohol (I don't know the choices) and bottled water included. Nothing really special. Also, the DOS and possibly OS staterooms are ready sooner on the first day.

The HC H7 is a wheelchair accessible stateroom and is different from the others. It is one large room with a larger bathroom suitable for a person in a wheelchair.

As a lover of balconies, the aft Haven is amazing - just not in the Haven itself. If you value the view > convenience...go aft just for the size.

My parents and in-laws both had H5 penthouses on their cruise and loved the size - the smallish balcony was challenging as they could not fit 2 loungers on it, but they just went 1 floor up to the main Haven balcony. We had an H4 which we booked again for our upcoming trip - as a family of 3, having 2 toilets is a blessing ( :0), but it is the main bathroom which is beyond amazing. The view from that tub is spectacular - it's jetted, so almost like having a hot tub. Having a living room is also a nice perk - no matter how much you love each other, after 10 days, having a "neutral zone" is wonderful. I've not been in a spa suite, but if you have 10 days of anything but perfect weather, having spa access may be nice for you both.

Have a great trip! Amy

Thank you all for the help. I think that I will go with the H7 based on the answers. As much as the spa was our first choice, we ruled it out due to itinerary. Not much time to use it. We definitely like having the separate living room to eat, read or if one of us is up a lot earlier than the other.

Two Wheels Only (if you read this thread again):

What are the minor perks? We will be travelling with 4 or 6 in the future.

Second, what is an HC? I have never heard of that one.

We were in a H9 Spa Suite last week and loved it. You are clustered with 20 Havens rooms on Deck 14 so your butler service is improved. And the Havens courtyard is directly above you.

We were in an H7 on the Escape last year and while we loved the extra space in the room, the butler service was the worst we have ever had. There are only 2 Havens rooms forward on each deck. We never saw our butler. When our butler showed up 15 minute late with breakfast one morning, he complained that our breakfast was late because our room was too far from the galley. And it was a long walk to get to the lift up to the Havens courtyard (or just to get to a lift to go anywhere).

We are traveling the Baltics in May next year on BA. I currently have an H4, 2 bedroom. There are 5 of us: myself and DH, DS, 27 recently divorced, and DD, 21 with her bestie girlfriend, also 21. (DD's graduation trip, so she is bringing a friend!) I was thinking the H4 would be best because the girls could have the 2nd bedroom (with bathroom for primping!), while my son could use the couch. I was thinking of larger quarters, but there doesn't seem to be the separation that I think my son needs from by daughters friend (not that there is anything between them, just that as a parent, I would prefer some space for that situation--I know, I'm rather prudish, but I will be responsible for someone else's child--even if they are an adult by definition!). Does anyone who has experience with the larger HAVEN suites know if I am better off where we currently are, or should I consider one of the other suites? (Budgeted cruise, so can't swing 2 staterooms!)

I would seriously stay in the spa suite. We did the Baltics on another line and I had a spa pass. It was great to come back from that full day of touring and spend some time in the spa. If you're using the logic that the spa pass isn't worth it because of the itinerary, then why would the Haven be with it so port intensive

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hearthose, we recently cruised in the Pearl in a similar situation - adult daughter and son travelled with us. We were in a penthouse suite, not Haven, but the 2-bedroom configs are similar, and it worked out quite well. Son slept on sofa, daughter slept in 2nd bedroom. Your only problem may be where he keeps his stuff and changes clothes - I wouldn't let DS turn our living room into his personal junque area ;) but he and DD were able to both keep their stuff in the 2nd bedroom and he changed in the bathroom.

I was on the BA in a 2 bedroom but met with the people in the DOS. Stay in the 2 BR. Although the second bedroom is small it has a door and will give some privacy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The BA/GA DOS max is 4 anyway so their only option for just one room is where they are at.

ETA - talking about Heart.... situation, not the OP.