Carnival website

beans79

What happened to the ability to pick your area and floor (i.e. aft, Deck 1, etc) or the deal you want (early saver versus other). I was trying to price a cruise for next June or July on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral and the only option I get is for oceanview on the main deck. I don't like this new website functionality.

I've not had a problem with the speed. Just purchased Cheers today and it did not seem to take longer than usual. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the new website so hopefully we will get something good soon.

:evilsmile: For a company the size of Carnival to have a lame website as they do I find amusing at times and frustrating at times. It just seems to get worse. I always just call the 800 number and get all my answers that way. One added note, if you don't get the answer you were hopping for call again and get a different rep. The answer may change and often dose.

Yeah the new site is rough but if you are using it for the first time the site is really nice and well done from a user experience standpoint. I work in advertising and also help clients redo websites all the time - even though it's a pain at first usually the minor things work themselves out in the first couple weeks. Cross fingers they have this under control!

What happened to the ability to pick your area and floor (i.e. aft, Deck 1, etc) or the deal you want (early saver versus other). I was trying to price a cruise for next June or July on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral and the only option I get is for oceanview on the main deck. I don't like this new website functionality.

It's all there, you just have to use the edit buttons. After you find your date, and cabin type, it will give Early Saver. Click Confirm and the next screen should show edit options on left for room location, deck, and pricing options. It just takes playing around with it to find everything. The old way was solo much better and quicker.

CAN someone on this board explain to me WHY CARNIVAL WILL NOT LET US SEE THE CABINS THAT ARE NOT BOOKED?

It is infuriating. I am screaming. I apologize. I have to go to an online T.A. which does show open cabins, then come back to Carnival and beg for that Cabin.

That is stone stupid.

Maybe there is a way to find empty Carnival Cabins and I don't know. Hope someone shares if they will.

Right Now. We are the Sunshine for February 2018. I may upgrade for a balcony. I love the cabin we have now on Deck Five, but my husband likes a balcony. And he is not getting any younger, and our cruising days may be limited.......and you know how you sell yourself on doing something......

I want a balcony on the Upper deck, mid ship...Deck Six. I can get cabins on Deck 6 in the bow. Aft. None right by the Mid Ship elevator. Go up a balcony grade. Deck Seven. Ditto. Bow cabins. Aft Cabins. ALL I want is ONE cabin in the middle of Deck Six . One balcony. And I have been on Carnival Site. On line Travel sites.

WHY can we not see empty cabins?

I am frustrated. I despise that new booking system. despise it.

Look at my post right above yours and hopefully that will help you. I just went back through the process and it showed available cabins for the location and deck. Use the edit buttons, even if you want to keep the same location and deck they gave you to see other options. Hope this helps.

Has anyone else had cruises disappear online, which were available online for several weeks prior??? Is it a bug, or was it chartered??:confused:

I doubt it sold out that fast. If it was a charter, how do you find out who chartered the remaining cabins?

Or, is a bug in the website software?? :)

Look at my post right above yours and hopefully that will help you. I just went back through the process and it showed available cabins for the location and deck. Use the edit buttons, even if you want to keep the same location and deck they gave you to see other options. Hope this helps.

thank you. I am going to wait until I am well rested. I have a few hours to spend. My husband is happy elsewhere. No one in house is hungry

And I have your post copied. I will follow it to the "T". If I succeed, which I doubt..........I will be ecstatic.

MY problems come from Operator malfunctions. MY Bad. every time.

Thanks again.

If I try to book one cabin, I can see the edit buttons, but if you try to book more than one cabin, the site gives you 4 choices, like a suite and a balcony on one deck, or two balconies on another deck, etc. The edit button to choose your own deck and cabins isn't available when booking more than one!

It's so frustrating!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

If I try to book one cabin, I can see the edit buttons, but if you try to book more than one cabin, the site gives you 4 choices, like a suite and a balcony on one deck, or two balconies on another deck, etc. The edit button to choose your own deck and cabins isn't available when booking more than one!

It's so frustrating!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Yes this is the same problem I am having! I followed the instructions above and finally wa able to see different areas but only for one room at a time. There was nothing wrong with the old site so why did they change it?

The areas, etc are on the left side. They have an Edit icon to go to area, then chose deck. I hope this helps

The "green continue button" just after you select # of guests, past guest info and the resident rate info was not able to drill down to. Carnival has now fixed the "green continue button". That is a big fix. Hopefully some of these other issues get fixed as well.

The main problem now is not the hard to navigate part, but the fact that many cruises are showing not available that really are available. Some categories like extended balcony on miracle for two people just won't come up no matter what you do. Carnival took a perfectly functional site that was easy to use and worked, and replaced it with one that is hard to navigate and does not show all categories of rooms as being available. My cruise for Nov 4th of next year shows no rooms available for extended balcony on the Miracle. There are in fact dozens and dozens available if you search other travel sites. I checked other far out dates under same scenario and many also showed none available and a couple that did.

Same here. The old search format is back. It isn't my favorite cruise search engine, but at least it is easier to use than that other monstrosity and doesn't hide better rates you are eligible for. I've been watching a particular cruise and it jumped up by $200 per person on the carnival site when they launched the new search format, while it stayed the same on other travel sites. ??? It is now back to the real rate. I can only guess it wasn't possible with the new format to get to VIFP rates. Man, whomever made the decision to change to new search format should be reprimanded by his/her higher ups. I'd already made up my mind I would never book directly through Carnival again, but would use another site which I will not name (I will give initials though...VTG).

Carnival ( at least on my browser ) has brought back the much easier, user friendly format for cruise searches! Ten times easier!

YES!!! Still slow but so much easier! Thank you for letting us know!

Yes we also had to call in just to get a past guest rate for a new cruise next year. Such a hassle and I told the agent I couldn't see the rate on my end at all. She didn't understand why I couldn't see what see saw. Was relieved to see it go back to old format to compare people few again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums