Your thoughts..boatyard vs 15th street fisheries (upstairs or dockside) best seafood.

dis2cruise

Love good seafood, classy cuisine or casual but not fond of the fried stuff :(

We are staying at the embassy suites don't mind taking an uber if needed.

Would love to see the water while dining also any other suggestions would be appreciated 😉

Love good seafood, classy cuisine or casual but not fond of the fried stuff :(

We are staying at the embassy suites don't mind taking an uber if needed.

Would love to see the water while dining also any other suggestions would be appreciated

I thought Bimini Boatyard was closed?

Edit: Oh...I guess it's just called Boatyard now.

It's been some time since I patronzied 15th Street Fisheries. And, I have been in Fort Lauderdale numerous times since then. What does that tell you?

Tried to dine at Blue Moon Fish Company without a reservation. The car parking valet asked me if I had a reservation. When I said that I didn't, he recommended not trying to dine there. Moral of that story: make a reservation!

Sea Watch on the Ocean is a restaurant that I enjoy with a view of the ocean from many tables. Food and service are very good to excellent and prices are within reason, I think.

Sea Watch on the Ocean is a restaurant that I enjoy with a view of the ocean from many tables. Food and service are very good to excellent and prices are within reason, I think.

The view is lovely during the day but at night all you see is a dark ocean :D so go for lunch or an early dinner for the view. A friend went their recently and said the food was good to very good but they left with a bad taste in their mouths because the restaurant tried to charge them for a $100 bottle of wine when they had ordered a $40 bottle. It was worked out but, as I said, they were not pleased with the experience

Right now my seafood favorites in Fort Lauderdale are the following:

Rustic Inn (on the water), casual

Catfish Deweys (not waterfront), super casual

Kellys Landing (not waterfront) casual

Casablanca (ocean view) dressier

Coconuts (on the water) dressier

I like Boatyard but it is more fun to go drink there on Thursday nights which is ladies night.

Boatyard is really nice and has great food.

15th St Fisheries...the last few times I sat dockside the service was awful and the food was mediocre. I haven't eaten upstairs in many years, but was never fond of it.

Coconuts has great food and friendly service.

Southport Raw Bar (1536 Cordova Rd) is an easy walk from Embassy Suites. It's a little past Kelly's Landing.

If you're lucky you can sit right by the water. Love the food there. Very casual.

My last FL pre-cruise stay was 2 days (Embassy Suites) & I managed to fit in 3 meals there. Why oh why did my CC friends decide to have dinner at Outback Steakhouse?! :eek: Would have preferred a 4th seafood meal.

I'm originally from Maryland. Central Ohio is not renowned for it's seafood so I jump at any chance for the real deal.