black square on deck plans?

39august

The square just means up to 4 - has no relevance on bed position - I suggest you check the sticky for the ship posts and look up the cabin(s) you are looking at to see if someone has reported the layout

Yes, it sure DOES have relevance. ;) ( p1281 is mistaken.)

If the deck plan shows a triangle or square, the room will have the bed by the bathroom. Reason being the beds for the third and /or fourth person are situated nearer the balcony due to space.

Those rooms with no markings are rooms for two and will have the bed by the balcony. The ship alternates the two kinds of arrangements. So you can count every other one........ie...bathroom..balcony....bathroom....balcony ...starting from any room with a symbol.

If in doubt, and you don't see your room on the sticky for S class ships, come on back here and those of us familiar with the ships will help you out. :D

If the deck plan shows a triangle or square, the room will have the bed by the bathroom. Reason being the beds for the third and /or fourth person are situated nearer the balcony due to space.

Those rooms with no markings are rooms for two and will have the bed by the balcony. The ship alternates the two kinds of arrangements. So you can count every other one........ie...bathroom..balcony....bathroom....balcony ...starting from any room with a symbol.

If in doubt, and you don't see your room on the sticky for S class ships, come on back here and those of us familiar with the ships will help you out. :D

Does this also mean that the rooms towards the aft of the ship on deck 6 all have the beds by the balcony vs the bathroom? There are just two of us and we don't like the bed by the bathroom ... too many times we've been getting in each other's way when trying to access the closet. I would love it if my bed were near the balcony in all these aft cabins.

I see that a black square on the deck plans indicates a sofa with pull out bed. Does this also indicate whether the bed or the sofa is by the balcony, please?

15 years on CC, over 10,000 posts. :lips-sealed::lips-sealed::lips-sealed:

Does this also mean that the rooms towards the aft of the ship on deck 6 all have the beds by the balcony vs the bathroom? There are just two of us and we don't like the bed by the bathroom ... too many times we've been getting in each other's way when trying to access the closet. I would love it if my bed were near the balcony in all these aft cabins.

Use the alternating pattern. You can check on the sticky room spreadsheet too. No, not all aft rooms would be "bath" beds.

We've had both and I prefer the sofa at the balcony. I like the mirror/desk close to the natural daylight too. Nice there's that choice for all of us.:)

Use the alternating pattern. You can check on the sticky room spreadsheet too. No, not all aft rooms would be "bath" beds.

We've had both and I prefer the sofa at the balcony. I like the mirror/desk close to the natural daylight too. Nice there's that choice for all of us.:)

That's what I thought ...thank you for confirming this for me. I only got a little concerned when one of the posts insisted the it was only those with the black square had the bed near the balcony.

Those extra beds - are they tucked out of the way if they are not in use? We have a square and a triangle which I think means a pull down bed and a sofa bed. But there are only the two of us, so I hope the two extras are not in the way.

Those extra beds - are they tucked out of the way if they are not in use? We have a square and a triangle which I think means a pull down bed and a sofa bed. But there are only the two of us, so I hope the two extras are not in the way.

No, they are pulled out at night.... "turn down time". They have a list of who is in the cabin and they will see that there are only two of you. You may, if you wish, tell your cabin steward when you arrive. Happy cruising.

No, they are pulled out at night.... "turn down time". They have a list of who is in the cabin and they will see that there are only two of you. You may, if you wish, tell your cabin steward when you arrive. Happy cruising.

Thank you! Happy cruising to you too :)

We were on Reflection in April. Sky Suite for 2 (no markings), and our bed was definitely near the bathroom.

We were on Reflection in April. Sky Suite for 2 (no markings), and our bed was definitely near the bathroom.

Suites march to a different drummer. Plus, since Aqua Class cabins are only for two, there will be half of them with the bed by the bath. EM

I don't believe the OP was speaking of sky suites. As mentioned by Essiesmom, some "special" categories offer different arrangements. But thanks for adding that for those looking at the suites.