Warnemunde in September

pokieokie

My best friend and I are catching the Costa Favolosa in September in Warnemunde but are flying to Berlin three days early to sightsee. Would we be safe time-wise to spend all three nights in Berlin then take the train to Warnemunde on the day the cruise leaves, or should we go the day before and spend one night in Warnemunde to be safe?

Weird, I was just researching Warnemunde weather since we're going there in 4 days to spend time with DW's family. Personally I would rather get to the port the day before than take the chance on a train delay.

It is a relatively short train ride. Trains in Europe are very good. I've used them for similar connections. I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the train the morning of the cruise. However, everyone is different and life is too short to be stressed, so adjust your schedule accordingly :)

I'd take the train -- in Germany they are very reliable. At worst it's three hours -- you could take a taxi if there was some really weird, random issue with the train system on that day.

But then, I'd rather spend time in fascinating Berlin than in pokey Warnemunde...