Longer Cruises - how to check how many cruise credits?

Sonicsmash214

• 2 months later...

I booked the Dec 17th, 11 day Regal Princess as one cruise. It is also being sold as 2 cruises, Dec 17 FLL to SJ, 3 days, then Dec 20 SJ to FLL 8 days. You have to get off the ship in San Juan to go though customs.

I called Princess and was told that since it was booked as one cruise I would not get 2 cruise credits. My argument was that since I have to get off the ship to go through customs it should be considered 2 cruises. She put me on hold to check that out and was told only if I was booked in a suite or as a solo would I get 2 cruise credits.

My cruise history only shows 1 future cruise credit for this cruise.

I booked the Dec 17th, 11 day Regal Princess as one cruise. It is also being sold as 2 cruises, Dec 17 FLL to SJ, 3 days, then Dec 20 SJ to FLL 8 days. You have to get off the ship in San Juan to go though customs.

I called Princess and was told that since it was booked as one cruise I would not get 2 cruise credits. My argument was that since I have to get off the ship to go through customs it should be considered 2 cruises. She put me on hold to check that out and was told only if I was booked in a suite or as a solo would I get 2 cruise credits.

My cruise history only shows 1 future cruise credit for this cruise.

Wow! That's a change from the previous policy which was you got credits for each segment regardless of how you booked. If you didn't speak to the Captain's Circle desk previously, I'd call them and find out if this is truly a change or is something fouled up.

Wow! That's a change from the previous policy which was you got credits for each segment regardless of how you booked. If you didn't speak to the Captain's Circle desk previously, I'd call them and find out if this is truly a change or is something fouled up.

Most certainly will. Thanks for the suggestion

Agree with this and what others have said. We are booked on a 21 day Mediterranean cruise. This cruise could have been book as a separate 11 day and 10 day cruise, as a back to back cruise or as one 21 day cruise. Whichever way we did it, it was two cruise credits.

I just changed our 49 day cruise to two segments but, before I did that, I was showing in my personalizer that I would get two cruise credits anyway because it was able to be booked as individual segments. Someone at Princess is full of poop. Don't take no for an answer on this one.

If there's an embarkation port during your cruise, then it's sold in segments and you get a cruise credit for each segment. Go to the Captain's Circle Host and ask for the credit(s) or you can call after returning home. If your My Princess is not showing a credit for each segment, they can be applied during or after your cruise.

It doesn't work if you are in the UK. On a recent 28 day cruise I had the names and dates of the two sections and was told that Princess wouldn't allow the credit by the Captain's Circle Hostess. More proof that non-North American cruisers are second class cruisers according to Princess

If there's an embarkation port during your cruise, then it's sold in segments and you get a cruise credit for each segment. Go to the Captain's Circle Host and ask for the credit(s) or you can call after returning home. If your My Princess is not showing a credit for each segment, they can be applied during or after your cruise.

Pam, that is "almost" correct. We did a 17 day PC transit and boarded in SF. The next stop was LA where more people boarded. It was an embarkation port but, because we couldn't actually have disembarked there it wasn't counted as a segment so we were only entitled to one cruise credit. The embarkation port has to be one where it would be legal for the first folks to disembark. I know it's kind of picky but it could confuse those who are trying to figure this out.

Well, I called and she was very adamant that I was to get only 1 cruise credit. She said it was possible that the cruise was split into two cruises after I booked. She also claimed that I don't have to go through customs in San Juan. She put me on hold many times to confirm both questions since I was getting conflicting answers on customs in SJ.

It would have been nice to get the extra cruise credit, but you know what, it won't make me enjoy my Christmas cruise any less.

Pam, that is "almost" correct. We did a 17 day PC transit and boarded in SF. The next stop was LA where more people boarded. It was an embarkation port but, because we couldn't actually have disembarked there it wasn't counted as a segment so we were only entitled to one cruise credit. The embarkation port has to be one where it would be legal for the first folks to disembark. I know it's kind of picky but it could confuse those who are trying to figure this out.

Also Princess has a Baltic cruise that is sold round trip Copenhagen, round trip from St. Petersburg, and round trip from Warnemunde. Even though passengers will be getting on and off at all three of these ports, Princess is not selling the individual segments - it is only selling the round trips. In this case, I would expect to receive only one cruise credit for the round trip.