Is the Sel de Mer pop-up on the Oosterdam worth the charge?

ldlewis45

We did not get our 4 star discount, and the concierge said it does not apply to Sel de Mer. So check when you board.

Very interesting. I wonder if this was a mis-informed Concierge, a policy on one ship that Seattle doesn't know about, or something new from Seattle. As we will be four star after our October cruise I'd hate to see the benefits diminished.

I have posted this before, so apologies to those who may have already seen it.

Here is our experience with Sel de Mer on Eurodam, May of 2017 (you can click on any of the photos to enlarge):

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/sel-de-mer/

The cost was $49 per person. We are 4 star mariners, and the 50% discount was applied.

I booked the Sel de Mer for our November Eurodam cruise...would love your feedback on how it was...We were on the K in January but only did the MDR and the Tamarind..and lunch in the Pinnacle...food is so subjective...for some reason the Pinnacle Grill has always underwhelmed me...but we have consistently enjoyed the Tamarind...can't wait to eat there again in November. Hope you have a great cruise!!

Jane, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam last month. I had the seafood platter and eerything was cooked perfectly and tasted great!

Very interesting. I wonder if this was a mis-informed Concierge, a policy on one ship that Seattle doesn't know about, or something new from Seattle. As we will be four star after our October cruise I'd hate to see the benefits diminished.

We did Sel de Mer as part of the dining package, but my friend who joined me did get the discount for 3*

Jane, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam last month. I had the seafood platter and eerything was cooked perfectly and tasted great!

Hi Debbie! Glad you enjoyed it...I am really looking forward to experiencing Sel de Mer:)