Loyalty Credit

TM

I thought I remembered that Princess gave loyalty credits or price reductions after "x" number of cruises. I think it was $25 after 20 or 21 cruises. Do they still do this and if so is it a price reduction or just credit to the onboard account?

Does anyone have a link ot this info on the Princess web site? I cannot find anything about it.

Thank you in advance.

Tom

I thought I remembered that Princess gave loyalty credits or price reductions after "x" number of cruises. I think it was $25 after 20 or 21 cruises. Do they still do this and if so is it a price reduction or just credit to the onboard account?

Does anyone have a link ot this info on the Princess web site? I cannot find anything about it.

Thank you in advance.

Tom

It's an OBC that's issued by the onboard Captain's Circle rep & there's a card in your cabin showing the amount that is credited to your onboard folio.

It's based on cruise credits which for me is nearly the same as my total cruises. I received an extra credit for a longer cruise that could also be booked as B2B cruises.

Here are the levels which isn't listed anywhere I can find on the Princess website:

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

Yes. I still get the loyalty credit no matter what the length of the cruise.

The Loyalty Credit is with the 21st, 32nd, 42nd and 52nd cruise credits for $25, $50, $75 and $100 respectively. It's based on the # of cruise credits, not the # of cruises and applies to a cruise of any length.

21 - 31 cruise credits $25 onboard cabin credit

32 - 41 cruise credits $50 onboard cabin credit

42 - 50 cruise credits $75 onboard cabin credit

51st cruise credits $100 onboard cabin credit

On your 51st cruise credit, you also receive flowers, a bridge tour and a pin. Sometimes, the Captain's Circle Host will give you more perks.

On your 75th cruise credit, you receive the perk of breakfast in Sabatini's for the length of your cruise.

On your 100th cruise credit, you get a coupon for a specialty restaurant.

The Loyalty Credit is with the 21st, 32nd, 42nd and 52nd cruise credits for $25, $50, $75 and $100 respectively. It's based on the # of cruise credits, not the # of cruises and applies to a cruise of any length.

On your 51st cruise credit, you also receive flowers, a bridge tour and a pin. Sometimes, the Captain's Circle Host will give you more perks.

On your 75th cruise credit, you receive the perk of breakfast in Sabatini's for the length of your cruise.

I heard you get free oxygen and the use of a scooter for your 100th cruise credit and on 😁

they must be cutting back on the perks as i only got a bottle of champagne for my 51st cruise

Also of note, if you and your cabin mate each have the number of cruises to qualify for this credit, it is my understanding that you will each get it if your last names are different . If they are the same (as in husband and wife), you will only receive one credit. This is what I have gleaned from this forum, anyway.

And ... it doesn't seem to be posted anywhere on Princess's website ... it's just a surprise gift. So while others may say that isn't fair that married couples get only one credit ... I never look a gift horse in the mouth and so am happy to receive any little extras.

Also of note, if you and your cabin mate each have the number of cruises to qualify for this credit, it is my understanding that you will each get it if your last names are different . If they are the same (as in husband and wife), you will only receive one credit. This is what I have gleaned from this forum, anyway.

And ... it doesn't seem to be posted anywhere on Princess's website ... it's just a surprise gift. So while others may say that isn't fair that married couples get only one credit ... I never look a gift horse in the mouth and so am happy to receive any little extras.

It's kind of funny...only one gift of OBC per couple, but both get the breakfast in Sabatini's perk. I know this 'cuz Pescado Amarillo posted about it on her blog when they hit that milestone.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess (12day cruise) which was my DH 65th cruise (740 days). When we got to our cabin there was a beautiful large flower arrangement, bottle of Champagne, plate of strawberries and several thank you cards to DH saying congratulations on sailing 750 days. Went to see the CC Hostess and she said that Princess had just changed the "milestone " cruises from 75 cruises and 50 cruises to 750 days and 500 days. He also got breakfast in Sabatinis and I was able to go along:D The head waiter there hadn't heard of this change so had to "check us out" since we weren't in a suite. Did find out that all dining venues had "VIP" marked by his name. On the last day he got a letter from Hotel General Manager saying that as a VIP guest my DH could go to the Elite Disembarkation Lounge. I will have my 750th day cruise on our 5 day cruise in November. We have been planning to have our 75th cruise on a much longer cruise in 2019. So all our planning to have a long 75th cruise with a lot of breakfasts in Sabatinis is no longer.

CC Hostess also verified that the top 3 MTP will now receive some type of trinket box instead of the glass square you received in the past. She did not have anymore British Isles glass squares so we were able to choose one from another location. She also said

P&O days no longer would count toward MTP.

Edited by coo359a2

We just got off the Caribbean Princess (12day cruise) which was my DH 65th cruise (740 days). When we got to our cabin there was a beautiful large flower arrangement, bottle of Champagne, plate of strawberries and several thank you cards to DH saying congratulations on sailing 750 days. Went to see the CC Hostess and she said that Princess had just changed the "milestone " cruises from 75 cruises and 50 cruises to 750 days and 500 days. He also got breakfast in Sabatinis and I was able to go along:D The head waiter there hadn't heard of this change so had to "check us out" since we weren't in a suite. Did find out that all dining venues had "VIP" marked by his name. On the last day he got a letter from Hotel General Manager saying that as a VIP guest my DH could go to the Elite Disembarkation Lounge. I will have my 750th day cruise on our 5 day cruise in November. We have been planning to have our 75th cruise on a much longer cruise in 2019. So all our planning to have a long 75th cruise with a lot of breakfasts in Sabatinis is no longer.

CC Hostess also verified that the top 3 MTP will now receive some type of trinket box instead of the glass square you received in the past. She did not have anymore British Isles glass squares so we were able to choose one from another location. She also said

P&O days no longer would count toward MTP.

FYI.. We were on the CB last month also, and we were also told about the new milestone tabulations, but just to add, it was explained to us that it will now be and/or 750 days or 75 cruises credits, but you'll only received the Suite Breakfast on your first qualifying milestone cruise not both.

But my impression based on hearing this from the CC Hostess, is that it will still have a lot to do with who the CC Hostess is on each ship, and how He/She on that ships interprets the requirements and/or calculations.

IMO this new vague interpretation makes it more difficult in planning that BIG cruise to really take advantage of the 75th benefits . (why waste it on short cruise simply because you didn't have the right calculations?)

Stay tuned as more reports get back here and are reported

Srpilo

FYI.. We were on the CB last month also, and we were also told about the new milestone tabulations, but just to add, it was explained to us that it will now be and/or 750 days or 75 cruises credits, but you'll only received the Suite Breakfast on your first qualifying milestone cruise not both.

But my impression based on hearing this from the CC Hostess, is that it will still have a lot to do with who the CC Hostess is on each ship, and how He/She on that ships interprets the requirements and/or calculations.

IMO this new vague interpretation makes it more difficult in planning that BIG cruise to really take advantage of the 75th benefits . (why waste it on short cruise simply because you didn't have the right calculations?)

Srpilo

Funny thing is they don't like to put in writing. They used to have it mentioned in one of the newsletters but that disappeared a while ago.

I'm going to make my 74, 75 and 76 cruise at least 14 day bookings......just in case. :D

Srpilo

We had the same CCHostess as you and for our explanation there was only going to be the days counted going forth for your milestone cruises. Will see what happens in November when I get to 750 days. Yes, you only get the breakfast on your 750 day cruise.

We had no choice in choosing to have the milestone for the 75th cruise or for 750 days. If we did, we would have chosen the 42 day cruise instead of getting it for this 12 day cruise.

We had the same CCHostess as you and for our explanation there was only going to be the days counted going forth for your milestone cruises. Will see what happens in November when I get to 750 days. Yes, you only get the breakfast on your 750 day cruise.

We had no choice in choosing to have the milestone for the 75th cruise or for 750 days. If we did, we would have chosen the 42 day cruise instead of getting it for this 12 day cruise.

I wonder if this is a step towards only counting days in the future for making the different Captain's Circle levels. Other cruiser lines such as RCCL and CCL only count days now.

Pam, can you clarify, and tell me if my understanding is correct:

First, I understand that there are milestone cruises which trigger one-time benefits for 51, 75 and 100.

Second, that beginning with cruise count #21 and for every cruise thereafter, I will receive OBC every time I sail? The amount increases at milestone cruise counts of 32, 42, and 51.

-OR-

Are cruise count 21, 32, 42, & 51 milestone cruises where there is a one-time event of OBC for those particular cruises?

(Of course, I understand that this is subject to change, as other posters have shared recent count vs. days experiences.)

The Loyalty Commend cash rolls in on every cruise after you reach the 21st credit.

My first Princess cruise was in 1978, when kids sailed for half fare, which worked out to about $125/day. So according to my math, I'm just about to earn that first week of cruising back at sailing number 43. The second week will be paid off by sailing 54. Easiest money I've ever earned.

I wonder if this is a step towards only counting days in the future for making the different Captain's Circle levels. Other cruiser lines such as RCCL and CCL only count days now.

CC Hostess didn't mention that - just about the two milestone cruises (your 50th and 75th) that were now counting days instead of your cruise numbers. Didn't ask what is given for your 100th day cruise - that goal is too far away for us. She did say that after the Medallion came out there would not be invitations sent out for the Captain Circle Party as it would be on your Medallion. She couldn't give much info on the Medallion as they haven't received all that info from Princess.

The 3rd MTP on our cruise was on a b2b2b. On their first leg they were not considered for MTP or the luncheon/cocktail party as they were not given credit for their P&O days. They did make #3 for their 2nd leg.

Also, had the bridge invite for the 750th day cruise. Captain told us that everyone would input all their personal data into their computers before leaving home and it would magically appear in your Medallion. You would even take your boarding photo yourself while at home and choose the best photo you wanted to update to the Medallion. You would have a new Medallion for each cruise and the data is erased at the end of each cruise. Will be interesting to see if it really happens this way. The Captain is looking forward to the Medallion program.

Pam, can you clarify, and tell me if my understanding is correct:

First, I understand that there are milestone cruises which trigger one-time benefits for 51, 75 and 100.

Second, that beginning with cruise count #21 and for every cruise thereafter, I will receive OBC every time I sail? The amount increases at milestone cruise counts of 32, 42, and 51.

Not Pam here but every cruise you take no matter how long the cruise you'll receive the OBC for the trip. The only events that take place ONE time are the ones at 51, 75 and 100 cruise. They are a one time event but even on those trips you'll still receive the cash bonus.

I fine it strange that Princess doesn't want to put it in writing for the people. At one time it was but since a few years ago, it's now only word of mouth.

The 3rd MTP on our cruise was on a b2b2b. On their first leg they were not considered for MTP or the luncheon/cocktail party as they were not given credit for their P&O days. They did make #3 for their 2nd leg.

Do you happen to know what the cutoff was for the over 40 function? Also what ship was it?

Do you happen to know what the cutoff was for the over 40 function? Also what ship was it?

The cutoff for the MTP function varies each cruise. It is the 40 passengers with the most days on Princess ships.

For example, in Alaska last July, there were 30 Elite passengers. The Captain's Circle host only invited those 30. With about 550, we were number 1.

On the Royal Princess Trans Atlantic, there were over 1000 Elites and the cutoff was 677. So with 647, we did not make the invite list.

The cutoff for the MTP function varies each cruise. It is the 40 passengers with the most days on Princess ships.

For example, in Alaska last July, there were 30 Elite passengers. The Captain's Circle host only invited those 30. With about 550, we were number 1.

On the Royal Princess Trans Atlantic, there were over 1000 Elites and the cutoff was 677. So with 647, we did not make the invite list.

I like to hear about all the cutoff numbers on different trips always hoping that we'll make it to the luncheon or party. It gives me a glimmer of hope, if nothing else.

I've never heard of the top 30. :confused:

On shorter cruises they had the top 10 but 30? That's a new one for me.

Maybe some day we'll actually qualify for one of those glass plaques.;)