Information about self-disembarkation

One thing I've always been dubious of is leaving luggage in the passageway overnight on the last evening because it's pretty much just sitting out there unprotected. That was the main reason we did self-disembarkation on our previous cruise; looks like we're doing it again. Another benefit is, no waiting for your color to be called out.

We have self disembarked for years.In the morning our cases are ready for the airport whereas before we would have to open our cases when we collected them in the terminal to put toiletries back in the cases.

Almost every cruise line I've ever been on (including RCCL) has one on the last day at sea.

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Royal Caribbean has a video they show of the tvs in the cabins. Have never seen any talk that we could go attend. Just checked the last day compasses for the 4 cruises I have taken in the last 12 months and none of them have a disembarkation talk to attend.

Royal Caribbean has a video they show of the tvs in the cabins. Have never seen any talk that we could go attend. Just checked the last day compasses for the 4 cruises I have taken in the last 12 months and none of them have a disembarkation talk to attend.

There is a disembarkation leaflet left in your cabin with your bag tags which explains everything as well as the continuous screening of the cruise director on your TV screen explaining everything you need to know.

We used self-disembark for the first time in San Juan in December. Had breakfast in the Windjammer at 6, were in the theater waiting for those using self-assist to be released by 6:40, were through customs by 7:10, and at our gate at SJU by 7:45.

Yes, we will use self-disembark again!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences! This is our first time driving; when we flew, we always booked mid-afternoon flights so we weren't in a hurry to get off the ship. We want to get on the road ASAP, and between my husband and two teenage sons, handling our own bags won't be a problem at all.

We used self-disembark for the first time in San Juan in December. Had breakfast in the Windjammer at 6, were in the theater waiting for those using self-assist to be released by 6:40, were through customs by 7:10, and at our gate at SJU by 7:45.

Yes, we will use self-disembark again!

If I could get a flight out of SJU before 3pm I would do that!

Ours was 11 am Southwest to Columbus (through Orlando, I think).

Nice. I can get to SJU with Southwest, but can't get a flight before 5pm on the way back. Had to book on American, and pay the bag fees.

Nice. I can get to SJU with Southwest, but can't get a flight before 5pm on the way back. Had to book on American, and pay the bag fees.

We are lucky with flight times when we fly in Europe but our flights to UK from Orlando when we have sailed from Cape Canaveral is always 18.45pm onwards.

We are lucky with flight times when we fly in Europe but our flights to UK from Orlando when we have sailed from Cape Canaveral is always 18.45pm onwards.

We've only flown to Europe 4 times, but they have also all been evening flights from ATL, EWR, and JFK.

We've only flown to Europe 4 times, but they have also all been evening flights from ATL, EWR, and JFK.

We have flown to Orlando 30 times since 1992,Newark and San Juan and the flights from Uk are always morning flights but the return flights from the US have always been late overnight flights.

We plan to do self disembark for the first time at the end of our Liberty cruise next week. I did a test pack and could get everything in my 21 " carry on plus small incidentals in the pack back. I will have to reduce some for our August TA since Iceland Air allows only 22 LBS for your carry on.

We plan to do self disembark for the first time at the end of our Liberty cruise next week. I did a test pack and could get everything in my 21 " carry on plus small incidentals in the pack back. I will have to reduce some for our August TA since Iceland Air allows only 22 LBS for your carry on.

With the luggage you carry i am surprised you haven't self disembarked before.

We usually have 2 big cases which have 4 wheels each so are easy to push and 2 hand luggage cases for our 7 night cruises.

With the luggage you carry i am surprised you haven't self disembarked before.

We usually have 2 big cases which have 4 wheels each so are easy to push and 2 hand luggage cases for our 7 night cruises.

We always self disembark.

We have done it several times. All with success. The lines getting off the Oasis in March were long but they kept moving. I was told 1500 people were doing self debark. The terminal has ramps which makes it easy to pull your luggage.