Oasis vs Harmony

We are currently booked on a Western itinerary on HOS but I noticed a Western itinerary on Oasis could save us $1200 in a comparable room or we could save $1500-1800 if we downgraded to an ocean view or inside.

I do know that these ships are more similar than not(minus the slides and a few restaurants). My question comes down to personal preference - would you prefer to stay on a brand new ship or would you switch to the oasis to save on cost? I am a big fan of the broadway shows and Cats is probably my least favourite of all the ships but, that aside, is there any other reason to choose one over the other. We do have two kids - ages 10 and 7 who would make use of the slides but I'm not sure the slides would be worth that price difference. They would also be using kids club and I'm not sure if there is a difference in the facilities in that regard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm assuming we would have to cancel then rebook again if we made the switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are currently booked on a Western itinerary on HOS but I noticed a Western itinerary on Oasis could save us $1200 in a comparable room or we could save $1500-1800 if we downgraded to an ocean view or inside.

I do know that these ships are more similar than not(minus the slides and a few restaurants). My question comes down to personal preference - would you prefer to stay on a brand new ship or would you switch to the oasis to save on cost? I am a big fan of the broadway shows and Cats is probably my least favourite of all the ships but, that aside, is there any other reason to choose one over the other. We do have two kids - ages 10 and 7 who would make use of the slides but I'm not sure the slides would be worth that price difference. They would also be using kids club and I'm not sure if there is a difference in the facilities in that regard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm assuming we would have to cancel then rebook again if we made the switch?

Are there cost differences flying into Orlando be Ft Lauderdale. Ft Lauderdale is certainly more convenient. Also Saturday departure for Harmony and Sunday for Oasis.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

The major differences are the slides, shows, and port of embarkation. Only you can determine if the slides will be "worth it" for your kids. You would not have to cancel to switch, but you would be paying current prices. Also, if you have made any reservations, they would be lost (and any cost automatically refunded) and you would start over on Oasis.

We will be in Orlando at Disney world prior to our cruise so the drive to Fort Lauderdale is a bit of a hassle but not a deal breaker as we've done it before. Are you aware of any upgrades to the kids club areas on the HOS compared to the Oasis or Allure?

I'm actually very happy to read that we wouldn't have to cancel. That makes any decision much easier since we are also travelling with my parents and are dealing with their reservation as well.

Thanks for the input!

No way i would pay $ 1200 more for 7 days. The Oasis is one big beautiful ship.

I would probably say that too, but spread out over a large group, if your not paying everyone's way? But while I would book Oasis or Allure over Harmony for my wife and I, I recently let my friend and his wife pick out which Oasis class ship he wanted to do after we encouraged them to experience it. He picked Symphony out of Miami. I could probably switch and save some money, but I'll go along this time. I picked most of the other cruises.

Actually the $1200 is just the savings for my family of 4. My parents save no money by switching as it's identical pricing. If it also saved them money I don't think we would have hesitation.

I have sailed both ships recently.

Yes Harmony has that "new ship smell", but it does not justify a $1200.00 difference.

We are booked on Symphony next year, but if another Oasis class ship offers the same cruise for $1200 less I will be changing my booking without hesitation.

Haven't been on Harmony but we took our kids (similar ages are yours) on Allure last April and they absolutely loved it. It's so kid/family friendly with so much to do. The Oasis class is amazing from activities to shows to food selections.

We do have Symphony booked, and yeah, it's more expensive than Allure/Oasis (but strangely $1000 less than Harmony for same week same stateroom). For us, we just wanted a different ship and I know they will love the slides and abyss. But for your first time, I would personally would stick with Oasis for that kind of savings (as we did). Either way, you can't go wrong.

Actually the $1200 is just the savings for my family of 4. My parents save no money by switching as it's identical pricing. If it also saved them money I don't think we would have hesitation.

Absolutely I would switch- the savings can be justified towards another cruise. Currently we are booked on Harmony for April 2019. For the week we have booked Harmony is significantly cheaper than the other oasis class ships.