Diamond Plus Upsell Fairy vs Complimentary Upgrade

If it's none of those, you could ask to be put back into the GTY pool and if granted, hope for a better assignment.

I'm glad you brought up asking to be put back in the "GTY pool" I recently suggested this to someone on here and another frequent poster "strongly" told me that request "No Longer Existed". I knew they were wrong but there are some on these boards that are :eek::eek:.

Actually it's on 12, 12146. Someone said we should avoid 13 due to overhang and noise from above.

Overhang will only bother you if you are looking to lay out in the sun on your balcony. I would prefer the shade, but that is just me. Deck 12 and deck 13 are going to hear similar noise from above. If you consider what you were assigned as "junky", I would move to something in a better location.

Edit to add:

Just saw you are on Anthem. I would go with deck 13 and risk the noise instead of a cabin way forward. We sailed Anthem twice now, once last aft balcony dancing with a tropical storm and once forward of the forward elevators. We were on deck 8 forward and felt lots of motion. I would go midship if I ever sail that ship again.

Edited by reallyitsmema

I knew they were wrong but there are some on these boards that are :eek::eek:.

They could be right that officially RCI is not supposed to do it, but like many policies, there are work arounds and some accommodating CSR may do it - the reason I caveated the answer with "if granted".

Overhang will only bother you if you are looking to lay out in the sun on your balcony. I would prefer the shade, but that is just me. Deck 12 and deck 13 are going to hear similar noise from above. If you consider what you were assigned as "junky", I would move to something in a better location.

Edit to add:

Just saw you are on Anthem. I would go with deck 13 and risk the noise instead of a cabin way forward. We sailed Anthem twice now, once last aft balcony dancing with a tropical storm and once forward of the forward elevators. We were on deck 8 forward and felt lots of motion. I would go midship if I ever sail that ship again.

I always book a midships cabin and rarely feel any ship movement and close to the lifts so we are close to most venues.