Upgraded from a regular balcony to an aft on the Fascination...did I do the right thi

sydney dog

I've had both and I love the aft balconies so much if we can afford it and it's available we always book them. You hear less noise from neighboring balconies and it's great to look out on the wake. The extra space is a plus as well. I slept out there a few times on one of our cruises.

I haven't been on the Fascination. On the Magic those cabins are wonderful, with a couple of caveats.

The way they are staggered you get very little shade unless you are on the deck directly below Lido (not a problem if you want the sun).

You get very little breeze at sea, and none in port. Time of year might change your opinion of whether this is good or bad.

On the other hand the size of the balcony is really great, and for me watching the wake is mesmerizing.

I also enjoy how quiet those cabins are. Virtually no foot traffic in the hall.

I love those cabins and hope you enjoy yours.

You will love it. There are larger and more expensive cabins, but none has the comfort of an aft balcony. They usually have a skosh more room inside, and the balcony is usually longer than midship balconies are wide. Take a bungee cord to hold the door open to keep the cabin air fresh.

So I did a mock booking today on a whim and found an aft balcony available I upgraded from deck 5 to V239 on deck 6. Never had an aft before. DH is unsure about it...did I do the right thing. Is an aft really worth it? Thanks for any responses

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If you paid another 10 grand for the aft cabin then, in my opinion, the aft is definitely not worth it. If you paid an extra grand each, the aft is probably not worth it either. If you paid and extra $10 or $20 per night each, definitely worth it.

It all depends.

If you paid another 10 grand for the aft cabin then, in my opinion, the aft is definitely not worth it. If you paid an extra grand each, the aft is probably not worth it either. If you paid and extra $10 or $20 per night each, definitely worth it.

It all depends.

We paid an extra 12.80 pp per night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I haven't been on the Fascination. On the Magic those cabins are wonderful, with a couple of caveats.

The way they are staggered you get very little shade unless you are on the deck directly below Lido (not a problem if you want the sun).

You get very little breeze at sea, and none in port. Time of year might change your opinion of whether this is good or bad.

On the other hand the size of the balcony is really great, and for me watching the wake is mesmerizing.

I also enjoy how quiet those cabins are. Virtually no foot traffic in the hall.

I love those cabins and hope you enjoy yours.

The aft balconies on the Fascination are not staggered like they are on the Magic, so the lack of shade shouldn't be a problem for the OP. Especially if they are on the lower of the two decks that's have afts. Those are quite covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums