Sip and Sail

Birdieman1

Here is one for you, we are doing an Alaskan cruise in September, we have the Sip and Sail promo. Princess told me they have a limit of 15 drinks per day, I'll be drinking beer, my wife will be rum, my buddy is a rye drinker and he asked me when he orders a double rye will the bartender run his cruise card as if he had two drinks, I said I don't know, but will ask the pros on Cruise Critic, looking forward to your comments. Thanks

Happy Canada Day🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Yes, Effective last Sept. your limit for alcohol beverages is 15 drinks per day , it is rated (6AM-6AM) a 24 hour period in which every time you get a drink and they scan your card the limit is 15, and after that you pay with your card just like normally you would do, but my buddy figures if he buys doubles they will hit his card for two drinks. Use so you know the Sip and Sail beverage package has its limits

I've never been able to order a double under the AIB package. Singles only. A double would take the price to over $10 and under the Princess AIB plan, you would be on the hook for the entire price of the drink. (unlike NCL where a drink that was over the price limit would only be charged for the amount above the price limit)

Thanks and is it a daily thing?

Yes but usually not on the night of the Captain's Circle party.

If you go to a BOGO$1 event, they will only give you one drink at a time unless you pay for it.

Here is one for you, we are doing an Alaskan cruise in September, we have the Sip and Sail promo. Princess told me they have a limit of 15 drinks per day, I'll be drinking beer, my wife will be rum, my buddy is a rye drinker and he asked me when he orders a double rye will the bartender run his cruise card as if he had two drinks, I said I don't know, but will ask the pros on Cruise Critic, looking forward to your comments. Thanks

Happy Canada Day🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

We've always had the AIBP when it was unlimited so doubles were a no-no.

Now with the 15 alcoholic drink per day limit, no clue if the a double could be ordered and counted as two.

Good Question! (y)

Only alcohol.

Includes specialty coffees - From Princess

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks,

Read the fine print, alcohol drinks limited, and Princess told me 15 drinks, some people would say if you drink lots you must be an alcoholic, if you have the odd beer, couple shots and a little wine at dinner hey all add up it's like an all inclusive where company's do the math, someone has two drinks and someone has 8, the avg. is 5, just like someone having 10 pieces of bacon and the next has two. Our onboard cruise charges are fairly high and we still will buy some drinks, we are Elite and just see the fares going up

So if you cannot order a double, which I get, what is the time limit between ordering drinls? So if someone orders a drink, then scotch or whiskey or whatever neat after, how long do they need to wait?

Don't think there is a time limit. If you order a drink in one bar, I am sure you can order another in a different bar immediately. On our recent cruise waiter said we had to finish first drink before ordering a second. At other times waiter would bring a new round for four of us, even though one had half of first drink left.

It sure is funny when you talk to the Different Princess representatives, they used to tell me, that you can order a drink approx. 7 minutes apart, but now you can order drinks with no time limit between them, but the daily limit is 15

Thank you.....We aren't big drinkers but this would help the person who would want to order doubles.

It also would be helpful if you felt like hanging on your balcony for a period of time and wanted a couple drinks without having to go to the bar each time.

I cannot imagine consuming 15 drinks in a day :') but back in the day could sure handle more than I choose to now!!!