OLife Value?

Profjej

My wife and I are considering an Oceania cruise in the next couple of years, and I've been reviewing some of their promotional material.

Do any of the Oceania veterans here have advice to offer on the OLife vs. Cruise Only fares? It looks to me like the OLife package is a pretty good value, but I'd love to hear from folks who have experience with the line.

In general, O Life is a good value and we always take it (without the air).

Especially now as from reading here it seems that the cruise only fares have gone up since 7/1 while the O life fares stayed the same (for most part).

You can do a search on "O Life" and will get lots of info as it has been discussed extensively here.

We take the O Life OBC option next cruise we have the excursions perk

time will tell if it was the right option for us

Weigh the options & see what works best for you

Especially now as from reading here it seems that the cruise only fares have gone up since 7/1 while the O life fares stayed the same (for most part).

You can do a search on "O Life" and will get lots of info as it has been discussed extensively here.

I was going to post a question about the OLife v. Cruise Only Fares also. I thought that if you don't take O's air that you don't get the OLife choices of unlimited internet, excursions or drinks package, or OBC.

Our first & only cruise with Oceania, we did take their air but it was economy and we want to go business for long distances like to Europe.

We want the OLife value but want to do our own airfare as we usually have miles or points to use from our credit cards.

Thank you for any info.

Kathy

I was going to post a question about the OLife v. Cruise Only Fares also. I thought that if you don't take O's air that you don't get the OLife choices of unlimited internet, excursions or drinks package, or OBC.

Our first & only cruise with Oceania, we did take their air but it was economy and we want to go business for long distances like to Europe.

We want the OLife value but want to do our own airfare as we usually have miles or points to use from our credit cards.

Thank you for any info.

Kathy

You can take the O Life package & decline the air

we did this for our next cruise

Oh, great to hear. I thought that didn't sound right. Thanks so much.

There are 2 options well 3

1) cruise only fare ( was cheaper )

2) Cruise with O Life perks & included air

3) cruise with O life perks & no air (you get an air credit for not using the included air)

Just be sure your TA books the right option for you ;)

OLife Choice Promotional Fare includes: Bonus Savings, Airfare & Unlimited Internet plus choose one of the below

FREE- 6 Shore Excursions

FREE- Beverage Package

FREE -$600 Shipboard Credit

Amenities are per stateroom

CRUISE-ONLY FARE EXCLUDES OLIFE CHOICE AMENITIES & AIRFARE.

One of two things must be true. Either something has changed and you can no longer get the OLife amenity with the cruise-only fare, or Oceania is not very good at reviewing the wording on their website.

One of two things must be true. Either something has changed and you can no longer get the OLife amenity with the cruise-only fare, or Oceania is not very good at reviewing the wording on their website.

As already stated

You can take the O Life pricing which includes air, OLife perks & free internet

OR

You can take the O Life promo pricing & decline the included air for which you will receive a discount or air credit ..however you want to word it

Or

take just the Cruise only fare which is just that ...no air no free internet or O Life perks

Edited by LHT28

As already stated

You can take the O Life pricing which includes air, OLife perks & free internet

OR

You can take the O Life promo pricing & decline the included air for which you will receive a discount or air credit ..however you want to word it

Or

take just the Cruise only fare which is just that ...no air no free internet or O Life perks

What don't people understand about that? You are 100% right.

Another wrinkle...you can receive half of an air credit if you use only half the air. It may work for those that have FF miles, but only enough for one way. Generally, one way purchased flights are as expensive as round trips, so usually it would work with a one way FF redemption strategy ( particularly those that want business class to Europe for the overnight flight and have the FF miles, but on the daylight return could live with economy ).

You may be right, LHT and RJB, but the Oceania website does not reflect what is behind your door number two.

I have sailed Oceania before, and have declined the included air before, but the website never had this wording before:

CRUISE-ONLY FARE EXCLUDES OLIFE CHOICE AMENITIES & AIRFARE.
If there is a door number two, they should say so.

You're right. Oceania is not very good at reviewing the wording on their web site. Nowhere does it specifically state that you can take OLife amenities and decline the air. Their copy reads like an all or nothing proposition. As others have stated, there is a third option.

You may be right, LHT and RJB, but the Oceania website does not reflect what is behind your door number two.

I have sailed Oceania before, and have declined the included air before, but the website never had this wording before:

If there is a door number two, they should say so.

In the past they only had 2 price columns now they have 3 check the website

Brochure rate ..not sure anyone has paid this

OLife rate used to be 2 for 1 fare (you probably booked that in the past & declined the air) you can still take the air or decline it same as the 2 for 1 deal

cruise only ...which is new this past year

To back up to some earlier posts regarding the value of the "free" tours ...

On our previous two cruises which included a certain number of ship's tours, we did take the oLife tours. While we have tended in the past to book our own tours, the deal was good and so we opted for the number of ship's tours that were granted. The tours were very good. In a few cases they also had fewer participants, which we like. This didn't stop us from booking some independent tours, of course.

On our upcoming November cruise we aren't going to take the oLife option simply because it will be cheaper for us to buy 2-3 ship's tours if we wish using our OBC. We're meeting friends in several of the ports, so taking 5 "free" tours really doesn't make sense on this particular cruise.

Not sure what we will do on our April 2018 cruise... Until we see what is available, I'm not sure what we will do. But given the number of new ports for us (and lack of meeting friends in any of them), the odds are we'll take oLife on this one.

You need to check out what O is offering and what you may want to accept. This can differ from one cruise to another.

Mura

You're right. Oceania is not very good at reviewing the wording on their web site. Nowhere does it specifically state that you can take OLife amenities and decline the air. Their copy reads like an all or nothing proposition.

Word.

Brochure rate ..not sure anyone has paid this ...

I would very much like to meet the person who did.

Greetings-

To see what the OLife option would be minus the air fare, when on the O web site, select your cruise - click on "cruise details," then click on "plan my cruise."

You will then get the screen where you select your stateroom category. At the top of that screen, second question is - "Will any of these guests need air travel?" Select "no," then continue on planning your cruise and you will see what the fare would be with OLife promo, but minus air fare.

You will have the option to book your cruises at the end of your cruise planning, or save it for later. At some point, I believe you will be prompted to log into your Oceania account.

FYI- If you save the trip details for later, you will probably get an email or phone call from O to see if you are interested in booking---at least, that has been my experience when I have saved a trip/cruise details when logged into my O account.

-Hopeeverlasting (First Oceania cruise next summer)

.... but first I would like to find a buyer for my 2006 PT Cruiser.

If you find him, send him to me - I have a 4 door 67 T-Bird with suicide doors that I'd like to sell him too :D

Edited by Paulchili

If you find him, send him to me - I have a 4 door 67 T-Bird with suicide doors that I'd like to sell him too :D

An antique in a few years. Worth a lot of money..... Maybe.........

Edited by RJB
extra words

Thank you for responding. The OLife fares may not have gone up on July 1, but I think they are less valuable now. The $800 credit dropped to $600, and the 8 excursions dropped to 6 if I am reading it correctly.

Thank you for responding. The OLife fares may not have gone up on July 1, but I think they are less valuable now. The $800 credit dropped to $600, and the 8 excursions dropped to 6 if I am reading it correctly.

May depend on the cruise

some did not change at all

At least the ones I was interested in

the Cruise Only fare was less of a bargain for those that do not want the O Life package

JMO