Allure Speed Test

Can you put those numbers into context for old folks who don't understand computer speak. Are those numbers god, bad or indifferent?

The internet service on Allure is very good.

Can you put those numbers into context for old folks who don't understand computer speak. Are those numbers god, bad or indifferent?

If you compare the numbers to ads on TV, the numbers shown are quite slow. If you compare it to the speed you need to do things, unless you want to stream full-screen video on a laptop, probably quite sufficient. I would assume (experts knowing the actual answer please chime in) that the amount of speed you can get per device is limited to a specific number that may differ per ship, number of connections they have sold, or what you are actually trying to do with the internet. For most things, you will probably only notice if it is something you have to wait for (like downloading a large file or uploading a set of photographs), and only notice if you have nothing else to do.!-)

Wonder why the ping rates are >300 ms? Should be ~=250ms.

Still much better than geosync. Network might be loaded down or the device that is running the speedtest is busy with other apps.

Here is an update, I think speeds are realtive. If you are comparing to cable modems there is no comparison, comparing to mobile networks then it is decent. The best I have experienced on the ocean by far.

Check out my @Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3006193078

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I think speeds are realtive. If you are comparing to cable modems there is no comparison, comparing to mobile networks then it is decent.

It's not speed that matters most of the time but latency. Most land based cable company bottom tier packages are in the 10 Mbps range while we have had reports of 25 Mbps from O3B equipped ships (not any more since they throttled things back). But I rather have a land based crappy DSL connection at 1.5 Mbps (good enough for an HD video stream) than any sat based connection because the latency is so much worse on a ship. Unless you are constantly downloading huge 10 MB+ files, speed is not really an issue, latency is.