drink prices

can someone tell me roughly what drink prices are . we are travelling on the voyager cruising out of australia around the south pacific in january 2018.. just looked at the drink packages and not really impressed with the excessive charges. $84AUS pd inclusive, $44pd coffee, juice, water and soft drink and $13 pd for soft drink... i can justify the soft drink package but its not a real good package for children.. would be nice if it included water.. and wouldnt even consider the $44 package as kids dont drink coffee.. so now im debating on just buying individual drinks

Remember that these on board prices are USD, so you then have the conversion back to AUD at whatever your credit card provider does their exchanges at plus any applicable foreign transaction fees that may apply.

Figure USD $8 for a beer, USD $10 for a base spirit, and USD $13 for a cocktail. All plus an 18% gratuity. Given that the all inclusive package covers all these drinks, plus soft drink, coffee and as many bottles of water as you want - it may be worth another calculation.

Lets assume that the exchange rate your credit card provider will charge is 74cents. That $8 for a beer is actually $9.44 USD including gratuity which becomes $12.75 AUD. $13 cocktails become $15.34 USD which is $20.73 AUD after exchange rates.

INCLUDED in your fare is: Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice during breakfast. If your kids can make do with those options, you can buy the occasional soda when you want...I think a can of soda runs about $3-4....but there are 2 glasses over ice per can!

$84 per day is the very highest end of pre-purchase prices. I got it on sale for Voyager last March fro $66 per day, and my upcoming Ovation for $70 per day including internet. I worked out in advance my likely spend if I bought individual drinks would be $71 a day so I got a bargain. I would wait and see if his goes on sale.

From memory wines were $13 to $18 and cocktails around the $14 mark (all US and including the gratuity)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Don't overlook the drinks that are included with your cruise fare, especially for the kids.

Regular coffee (not specialty), hot tea, iced tea, hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, juices at breakfast, usually orange (not fresh squeezed), Apple, tomato, cranberry (usually in main dining room), buffet is more likely to be orange/Apple, tap water (not bottled), flavored water, some type of punch/lemonade in buffet. Kids should be fine without a soda package unless they drink a lot of soda. Can of soda will be around $4.