Are there any aqua class cabins without the overhang blocking the sun? (S-Class)

tbmrt

Would consider Aqua Class for future cruise, but really don't like sitting under the overhang on S Class ships.

Are there any "good" cabins that aren't always in the shade due to overhang?

On the S class ships, starting near the forward elevator and continuing all the way forward, there is no overhang. Interestingly enough, these are AQ2 Cabins so priced a little lower. Our sweet spot is 1540 to 1550, under the reception area of the beauty shop. We prefer the starboard side because the matching cabins on the port side are under the Spa Cafe. I've read that the noise can be bad in the early morning hours.

I researched this quite extensively before putting a deposit down on the Celebrity Silhouette for February 2019. I have reserved cabin 1527 on port side. Any cabins in that general area on port or starboard side do not have an overhang. Look carefully at the cabin numbers so you are not under the Aqua spa cafe on port side or the gym tredmills on starboard due to extra noise.

Actually the overhang is the reason why I (and apparently many others) prefer the A2 on S class over A1s.

When we declined the free Captain's Club one category upgrade on S class the lady at future cruises said most people do (at least the ones that know S class)

We had different staterooms forward underneith Persian Garden or Spa and loved them (no overhang).

I am currently booked in cabin 1517 on the Reflection --- does anyone know if this room gets lots of sun? Prefer no sun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will not have the overhang over this room. You could get sun depending on the direction the ship is sailing. The overhang often gives you a mixture of sun and shade. Mostly shade from my experiences.

I am currently booked in cabin 1517 on the Reflection --- does anyone know if this room gets lots of sun? Prefer no sun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1517 is under the Persian Garden. The balcony is covered, but unlike cabins in the middle of the ship, there is no additional overhang stretching out further. You will have no sun on the balcony when the sun is overhead or coming from the starboard side, but you will get some sun onto the balcony when the sun is shining down from the port side.

I researched this quite extensively before putting a deposit down on the Celebrity Silhouette for February 2019. I have reserved cabin 1527 on port side. Any cabins in that general area on port or starboard side do not have an overhang. Look carefully at the cabin numbers so you are not under the Aqua spa cafe on port side or the gym tredmills on starboard due to extra noise.

Always go for this cabin on every S Class - love it!!!!!!

Being forward on the eleventh deck might be a problem for anyone sensitive to motion.

I've never had an issue with motion in the forward AQ cabins on S-class ships. I feel much more in the aft Deck 11 cabins on M-class ships.

Always go for this cabin on every S Class - love it!!!!!!

I was so glad to come across this post. Hubbie and I are booked in AQ1 on the Silhouette next May, cruising return from Southampton up to Russia. We were recently in a AQ1 cabin on the Solstice, mid ship, and we did not enjoy the balcony at all. It did keep us dry whilst cruising New Zealand but we found it not to our liking otherwise. I will now look at changing our current AQ1 cabin to an AQ2 cabin, looking particularly at cabin 1527. If anyone has any other suggestions for a great AQ cabin on the Silhouette I would really love to hear it. Thanks. Vicki.

I was so glad to come across this post. Hubbie and I are booked in AQ1 on the Silhouette next May, cruising return from Southampton up to Russia. We were recently in a AQ1 cabin on the Solstice, mid ship, and we did not enjoy the balcony at all. It did keep us dry whilst cruising New Zealand but we found it not to our liking otherwise. I will now look at changing our current AQ1 cabin to an AQ2 cabin, looking particularly at cabin 1527. If anyone has any other suggestions for a great AQ cabin on the Silhouette I would really love to hear it. Thanks. Vicki.

As I mentioned earlier, we've always preferred anything from 1540 to 1550. They're under the reception area for the spa, close to the circular stairs up to the Persian Gardens and close to the elevators.

We think the creation of Aqua Class was both a brilliant and very devious strategy. Celebrity created a class that took a large group of balcony cabins (on the S-Class ships) in an inferior position, and managed to market them at a higher price. Go figure. While some may prefer being under that huge overhang......we think a majority prefer a balcony that gives them some exposure to the sky/sun. We have booked AQ cabins quite a few times, and always opt for the slightly lower cost cabins located towards the aft (these are numbered from about 1621 up). These cabins have a passenger deck above...so get another 9 or 10 feet of separation from the overhang. While not perfect it is more desirable then the higher priced cabins directly under the pool deck. We should also mention that we prefer having a passenger cabin above us...versus being under a pool deck where passengers/crew might be heard dragging deck loungers....early in the morning.

Hank

Just off Equinox in room 1574. Loved the overhang for relaxing, can always get sun up on decks. Did notice a smell of smoke from the crew room across the hall, but only a couple times. Even in a tropical storm, motion of the boat was fine.

We enjoyed 1509 on the port side of the Reflection a few years ago. Midway between the forward elevators and the Relaxation Lounge and with a-- not to close--view of the bridge �� It was under the Persian Garden and super quiet ��

We are booked into 1511 in January and this post is very good news. At first, I was a bit worried that we got a room that was too far forward. The proximity to the bridge was my big problem, but reading this, I think that we're safe....

We are booked into 1511 in January and this post is very good news. At first, I was a bit worried that we got a room that was too far forward. The proximity to the bridge was my big problem, but reading this, I think that we're safe....

A huge thank you to everyone for your comments and thoughts. I will be ringing Celebrity to change cabins from a AQ1 to AQ2, and hopefully save a few pennies! Thanks again! Vicki. :)

Glad I could help ;)

These are shots forward from our balcony in 1509 (which btw had bed by the closet):

And for comparison... our view towards the Silhouette