Is it mandatory to book balcony room if we are traveling with a toddler (age 23 month

Munaelisa

Is it mandatory to book balcony room if we are traveling with a toddler (age 23 months). We booked with MSC meraviligia an interior room and now the TA is telling us that MSC contacted them and told them that we must book a balcony room because we have a child with us. Actually I was shocked by this! I know we can order the playNGo crib for any room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are some cabins that are for 2 people only.

Your 23 month old child is nearly what many of us refer to as a 2 year -- thus a third person.

You may need to find a cabin that holds 3 people.

This doesn't necessarily have to be a balcony - but that might be all that is left for your particular cruise.

I suspect that what is affecting your choice of cabins is the number of people assigned to each lifeboat which is done by cabin sectors. Your toddler counts as 1 person in terms of lifeboat space. If all the insides are at capacity, then there may not be anymore space for a 3 person inside or a 3 person window cabin, so all that may be left is a balcony or greater. You could choose a different sailing date to get an inside.

You have to have beds for each "soul" aboard. Your child is a "soul" and thus, must be in a cabin that holds 3! BTW, a balcony is a god-send when your child is napping or down early for the night...gives you someplace "to be"!

Is it mandatory to book balcony room if we are traveling with a toddler (age 23 months). We booked with MSC meraviligia an interior room and now the TA is telling us that MSC contacted them and told them that we must book a balcony room because we have a child with us. Actually I was shocked by this! I know we can order the playNGo crib for any room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although this is unlikely, it is possible that the only 3 person rooms still available on the ship are balcony rooms.

DON

I am looking at MSC Meraviglia's deckplan and it said ALL of their interior state rooms could only sleep 2. The only rooms that could sleep 4 are suites or balcony rooms.

Nevermind, I didn't scroll down far enough. Looks like the interior state rooms that could sleep 4 are

IW, I3, I2, I1.

Deck 5 -

I1

Deck 8 -

I1

Deck 9 -

I1

I2

Deck 10 -

I1

I2

I3