Questions for Kiwi/Oz Princess cruisers or anyone else who may know the answers:)

FunforGin

Hi ya'all, I've got some miscellaneous burning questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me:

Why don't Kiwis and Aussies get the option of buying bottled water online, and if you can't buy it online, where do you buy it onboard? My friend and I are cruising again in January in a suite and she only drinks bottled water due to health issues.

I had seen somewhere that there's complimentary bottled water provided for suites daily, but after I log in, that isn't mentioned (actually the range of beverages available for purchase is tiny compared to what's on offer for other countries - just beer and coffee cards.....maybe they think we have unrefined tastebuds and that's all we drink downunder LOL!!) We are flying in from NZ night before so won't be visiting any supermarkets to buy a supply to lug onboard with us.

We cruised in a suite last time Mel/Akl and I had read 'Complimentary chef’s “welcome

goodies” on embarkation evening' in the blurb.....nothing was delivered to our suite on embarkation evening:( What is supposed to be delivered?

And another random question....I understand that if staying in a suite, you can have afternoon tea delivered to your suite......we never had afternoon tea at all on last cruise, so would love to do this next January....what do they give you?:D

Ooooh, forgot a question.

You also get this when travelling in a suite:

'Complimentary private portrait sitting with onboard photographer'. Has anyone done this, and what price range are the photos to purchase?

Hi there!!

Am from NZ (Chch) and cruising in Oct around Japan.

We have purchased bottle water Via clicking Beverage Packages... it then comes up with the alcohol package, wine, beer packages etc then at the bottom is water packages. Can select on that. Had to be prepaid before that.

Hope that helps

We cruised in a suite last time Mel/Akl and I had read 'Complimentary chef’s “welcome

goodies” on embarkation evening' in the blurb.....nothing was delivered to our suite on embarkation evening:( What is supposed to be delivered?

And another random question....I understand that if staying in a suite, you can have afternoon tea delivered to your suite......we never had afternoon tea at all on last cruise, so would love to do this next January....what do they give you?:D

I believe the "complimentary chef's goodies" would be the daily evening appetizers that are delivered to the suites. You may have to fill out a card, like the room service cards. Just ask the cabin steward.

The afternoon tea requires a call to room service. You need to call in the morning and give them a delivery time and the number of people. They bring little sandwiches, scones, cookies, and of course, the tea.

Hi Lyss00......have you checked out the Beverage Packages recently on the website or was the last time you checked it out was before they upgraded the website? Just wondering as its definitely only showing coffee cards and beer!

I'm wondering if the Beverage Packages offered are different depending up on which cruise you are booked on; we are cruising from Melbourne down to Tasmania and across to Adelaide on Golden Princess leaving 3rd Jan 2018 - perhaps they don't sell the full alcohol packages if you're not 'leaving the country' so to speak?

It's confusing!

Hi Lyss00......have you checked out the Beverage Packages recently on the website or was the last time you checked it out was before they upgraded the website? Just wondering as its definitely only showing coffee cards and beer!

I'm wondering if the Beverage Packages offered are different depending up on which cruise you are booked on; we are cruising from Melbourne down to Tasmania and across to Adelaide on Golden Princess leaving 3rd Jan 2018 - perhaps they don't sell the full alcohol packages if you're not 'leaving the country' so to speak?

It's confusing!

how long is your cruise?? AIBP is for sailings 7 days or longer in australia.

Have you booked a Suite or a Mini Suite? There's a big difference, but you can't buy the water package on a local cruise. However, you can take as many large bottles of water as you can carry on board at every port. Bottled water in Australia is much cheaper than the Princess package prices anyway so all you have to do is carry it :-)

Hi ya, it's an aft suite on Dolphin. We fly into Melbourne from Auckland in evening before sailing, won't have an opportunities to buy bottled water to bring along with us when we board the ship....however......read a really funny tip on these forums a couple of times/places now that we may need to do.....Let the ice in the ice bucket melt and pour it into our bottles LOL!

Hi ya, it's an aft suite on Dolphin. We fly into Melbourne from Auckland in evening before sailing, won't have an opportunities to buy bottled water to bring along with us when we board the ship....however......read a really funny tip on these forums a couple of times/places now that we may need to do.....Let the ice in the ice bucket melt and pour it into our bottles LOL!

Don't eat or drink the melted ice. Let's just say it's not good for your health ;)

Ooooh, forgot a question.

You also get this when travelling in a suite:

'Complimentary private portrait sitting with onboard photographer'. Has anyone done this, and what price range are the photos to purchase?

We did this. All you are getting is a guaranteed reservation with a specialty photographer. You will spend about an hour with him/her and will get some awesome pictures. Really awesome. Be prepared to sell your car to pay for the pictures. If you get a package you should throw in a couple of your kids too.

Sure they are better and cool but I am not about to pay $1000 for a picture of me and my DH. I forget how many picture you get for that amount but I can tell you unless you have money to spare you won't be buying any of the pictures and you have just spent a few hours of your vacation taking pictures you won't buy.

On the other hand, if you do have the money I would have bought them in a heart beat.

Edited by notentirelynormal

[/color]

how long is your cruise?? AIBP is for sailings 7 days or longer in australia.

Oz cruises have to be 8 days or longer to qualify for the AIB package (either to buy, or through sip + sail.

Let the ice in the ice bucket melt and pour it into our bottles LOL!

If you are prepared to do this, why not just carry on an insulated mug/bottle of some kind and fill it with ice up at the buffet? (Or maybe even ask a bartender at one of the bars--they have given me cups of ice before). I do this whenever we cruise and my bottle of water and ice lasts all day, even in hot climates. I'd be reluctant to pour water out of the ice bucket--you don't know what's been in it :)

ML

Hi there!!

Am from NZ (Chch) and cruising in Oct around Japan.

We have purchased bottle water Via clicking Beverage Packages... it then comes up with the alcohol package, wine, beer packages etc then at the bottom is water packages. Can select on that. Had to be prepaid before that.

Hope that helps

The water package is only available on cruises that don't start or finish in Australia, or in other words where the onboard costs are in USD. For some odd reason Princess seems to think that Australians don't drink water - maybe they think we all drink beer instead. ;p :D

We did this. All you are getting is a guaranteed reservation with a specialty photographer. You will spend about an hour with him/her and will get some awesome pictures. Really awesome. Be prepared to sell your car to pay for the pictures. If you get a package you should throw in a couple of your kids too.

Sure they are better and cool but I am not about to pay $1000 for a picture of me and my DH. I forget how many picture you get for that amount but I can tell you unless you have money to spare you won't be buying any of the pictures and you have just spent a few hours of your vacation taking pictures you won't buy.

On the other hand, if you do have the money I would have bought them in a heart beat.

THANK YOU! I've been looking for that pricing as I'm in a Window Suite on the Golden Princess October 2018. That money, I personally consider, would be better spent in purchasing another cruise!

Oz cruises have to be 8 days or longer to qualify for the AIB package (either to buy, or through sip + sail.

Need to correct myself here. The cruise has to be 8 days or longer to qualify for sip + Sail. If purchasing, the cruise only needs to be 7 days or longer. Looks like I lucked out on my cruise though. Although it's 14 days, so easily qualifies, when looking at the cruise on Princess.com, the cruise no longer shows sip + sail as being offered. Perhaps they sold their quota for that particular sailing.