BOGO 50 and Crown and Anchor Balcony Discount

I was pricing a couple of cruises this morning and noticed that instead of getting 50% the inflated starting price on guest #2 it is deducting 1/2 of the balcony discount and then giving the 50% off.

I thought in the past the entire balcony discount came off passenger #1 and then you would get the full 50%0 or whatever the current promo is off passenger #2. It is now assigning 1/2 the discount to passenger 1 and 1/2 to passenger 2.

Is this something new or has the 50% always worked that way?

I was pricing a couple of cruises this morning and noticed that instead of getting 50% the inflated starting price on guest #2 it is deducting 1/2 of the balcony discount and then giving the 50% off.

I thought in the past the entire balcony discount came off passenger #1 and then you would get the full 50%0 or whatever the current promo is off passenger #2. It is now assigning 1/2 the discount to passenger 1 and 1/2 to passenger 2.

Is this something new or has the 50% always worked that way?

I've not priced cruises with the 50% off in the past, so I don't know if it always worked that way. However, it could be that they plugged that hole that gave us a better deal for those fake sales that only took money off the second guest.

I've not priced cruises with the 50% off in the past, so I don't know if it always worked that way. However, it could be that they plugged that hole that gave us a better deal for those fake sales that only took money off the second guest.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I found an old invoice from a 50% BOGO and I had gotten the entire 50% off the second guest and the whole balcony discount was taken off guest #1

Oh well

I think you hit the nail on the head. I found an old invoice from a 50% BOGO and I had gotten the entire 50% off the second guest and the whole balcony discount was taken off guest #1

Oh well

This has been my experience too. I have never had the balcony discount split, it is always on passenger 1 and the full 50% off passenger 2.

I just booked and got no balcony/suite discount at all. I'm going to call and ask about it but won't be surprised to not get the discount at all. The last cruise, they applied the discount but took away the OBC. This time I got a whopping $50 OBC but no discount. And, their "sale", the last one was 60% off 2nd guest. Same price as this "sale" with 50% off. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I agree with all and know we have been penalized with our C& A on most pricing in the last year. They have been playing the deduction on the C&A before the percentage thats when the C&A was combinable. Now they have thrown the NR in.

I did book a JS a couple days ago on the Freedom for Feb 25th as JS had a good rate that week. Had both prices with and without the Non refundable and ended up with non ref. as 321.00 cheaper, Royal gave $100.00 OBC with NR offer. My agent giving a $75.00 group rate and paid Tips . Live in Florida and we drive to port so not having to worry on Air.

Going on Oasis in Sept and doing a back to back on the Freedom in Dec , and thought my last on the grand Lady as moving to San Juan. guess Feb. will be the goodbye now. Bob The Villages , florida:):):)

This has been my experience too. I have never had the balcony discount split, it is always on passenger 1 and the full 50% off passenger 2.

I'm guessing that must have slipped this change in on July 1- I just quickly looked at prices when the non refundable started and never really did the math

We have our TA split the total cost of the sailing for both of us equally. As long as we are getting a discount based upon my Diamond status and whatever promo happens to be in effect at the time we book, no problem. If we have a 3rd person with us, same thing as we would share the total cost equally.

MARAPRINCE

I did notice something like this the other day, when I was looking at some options. They had previously never split the balcony discount between passengers. It was taken off passenger 1 and then the discount (whatever was going on at the time) was taken off passenger 2.

Now I saw that they split it, thereby reducing the current 50% off of the second passenger.

Regardless, prices are up and now it's 50% vs. 60% the other day...who can keep track anymore.

I found something else interesting...put in C&A number for D+ passenger, and then looked at breakdown of pricing. Discount is not being taken. Have no idea why.

I found something else interesting...put in C&A number for D+ passenger, and then looked at breakdown of pricing. Discount is not being taken. Have no idea why.

That happened to someone else as well. I read a post about that this morning. Not sure where

I agree, this is all voodoo math to the favor of RCI. Try calling Guatemala to get something repriced! Seriously a big problem! :mad:

Sure is. The problem is that they seem to change the base prices at will (with every new mega-ship they need to finance). So it doesn't matter what kind of dumb sale they concoct -- when they increase the base price it's all a shell game in their favor. So sorry I gave my loyalty to RC. Too late now.