A Month To Go:)....more help questions please.

Lois R

Thanks Randy, I emailed them and will see when they respond......if I don't get a reply in the next couple of days

I will email the hotel and see if they have a car service they can recommend.

Thanks Randy, I emailed them and will see when they respond......if I don't get a reply in the next couple of days

The worst case scenario is that they've gone out of business even though their website is still up. The economy in Spain has been extremely rough for several years now. That would be a shame but stuff happens.

Appreciate the recommendation from Randy. I sent them two messages yesterday and never heard back. We disembark in Barcelona and need a ride to the airport in Oct. I checked Blacklane and their price seems reasonable compared to another quote I got through a tour guide we are using in Barcelona to do an insider tour of Sagrada Familia.

https://www.blacklane.com/en

Appreciate the recommendation from Randy. I sent them two messages yesterday and never heard back. We disembark in Barcelona and need a ride to the airport in Oct. I checked Blacklane and their price seems reasonable compared to another quote I got through a tour guide we are using in Barcelona to do an insider tour of Sagrada Familia.

https://www.blacklane.com/en

OH...You never heard back from them?

How long did it take for Blacklane to reply?

Lois, Jeff from the Cooler had recommended Blacklane to me for when we arrived in Southhampton and needed to get to London. I was very pleased with their service at that time. If they service Barcelona, I'm pretty sure they will be good.

Lois, Jeff from the Cooler had recommended Blacklane to me for when we arrived in Southhampton and needed to get to London. I was very pleased with their service at that time. If they service Barcelona, I'm pretty sure they will be good.

Oh....I will look at Blacklane too.........thanks:D

Are you sure you don't want to look at the airport express bus? It's incredibly convenient and it could not be easier to find. Just walk out of baggage claim and you cannot miss it. It will take you to Plaça Catalunya for under €6. http://www.aerobusbcn.com/en/

We have used it 3x and it's so cheap and convenient. Your hotel is 1/2 a block from where its route terminates, so you can't get lost, or miss your stop.

You can even buy tickets online and print them at home before you leave. Ok, enough said. I know you don't really want to try this but someone else might. Hope you find a transport company to get you to your hotel!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

If you are not comfortabe using the taxi at the airport, by all means email the Pulitzer. I have stayed there twice and the front desk folks are outstanding and get back to you quickly about any special request.

I have used taxis alot in Barcelona and never had a problem from airport or to pier or from any taxi stand for a short trip in the city.

OH...You never heard back from them?

How long did it take for Blacklane to reply?

I did not book the reservation yet as I am not traveling until end of Oct. Just went to the website and entered date, time and start/end points and you immediately get options and prices. I am sure they will respond quickly to a request as they are a large well known company with a good reputation.

Good morning:)............thanks for the help. Sounds like a cab is the way to go but I will email the hotel today

anyway and see what they recommend;)

I went back and looked at the Auto Vilar website and while it seems to be intact and working it also looks like it hasn't been updated recently. Makes me think they've gone out of business but the website is still up and running. That's a shame as they were good but as I said before Spain's economy has been shaky. Oh well........ :(

PS-I think I actually have the direct email of the owner from when we arranged our trip. If I can find it I may fire off an email to him to see if they are still around.

Edited by Randyk47

Hello again:D.........I decided to book a private car through my hotel. It may be more $ but this entire cruise is a major

treat so I am just doing it this way:D

Hello again:D.........I decided to book a private car through my hotel. It may be more $ but this entire cruise is a major

Good to hear about your decision.

Everyone has ideas what a personall treat is for them on any vacation.

I sure hope you do some posting while you are on your trip. I always enjoyed them when you posted on Celebrity forum.

And now it's time to take a deep breath, visualize what lies in front of you & enjoy every minute of the anticipation, arrival, embarkation & most of all, the experience!. Don't sweat the small stuff...the silly details will work themselves out & soon you will be with like minded travelers enjoying wonderful food, wine, company, sights.....on & on. Enjoy every second & do keep us posted.

And now it's time to take a deep breath, visualize what lies in front of you & enjoy every minute of the anticipation, arrival, embarkation & most of all, the experience!. Don't sweat the small stuff...the silly details will work themselves out & soon you will be with like minded travelers enjoying wonderful food, wine, company, sights.....on & on. Enjoy every second & do keep us posted.

Thanks:)........I still have to get through next week too......LOL.....work:eek:

Good to hear about your decision.

Everyone has ideas what a personall treat is for them on any vacation.

I sure hope you do some posting while you are on your trip. I always enjoyed them when you posted on Celebrity forum.

Hi:).....is the internet included in the cruise? I can't remember.........

Personally I think that's a good decision. We're all into lowering stress and unless we're really familiar with and comfortable in the airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal transfer situation we go with some kind of car service. And even if we are familiar with the city we often still go with a prearranged service. For instance we'll be using a service in Rome this coming November for our Spirit cruise. Now we'll be meeting up with our cruise friends in Atlanta and flying into Rome together. With four of us and our luggage it just makes more sense to us to use a service even though both couples have been in and out of Rome three times in the past four years. Oh well.....we've already spent a lot of the kids inheritance so what's a few more dollars. :o:)

I also want to kind of apologize for my recommendation of Autos Vilar in Barcelona. I tried contacting them with a direct email address I had from our trip a couple of years ago and got no response. Means to me they either have gone out of business or have totally lost it in terms of customer service. That's a shame as they were super but I obviously won't be recommending them again.

Hi friends:).....Randy, I doubt I will use the internet much at all.......but good to know I have a free hour:)

As for the car service, I emailed the hotel and they in turn emailed me an authorization form so I filled out the necessary

information and sent it back....they were quick with the emails yesterday so I will probably get a confirmation tonight

or tomorrow.:)

My grandmother had a wonderful expression; "Feed the canary another seed"... by which she meant, don't sweat the small stuff. You are spending major money on what will be a wonderful trip, so go ahead and get a car, driver, and a hassle free transfer to start your Silversea adventure! Have a terrific cruise, and please use that daily free hour of WiFi to post your experiences. Your Cruise Critic friends will be very interested.

Have a terrific cruise, and please use that daily free hour of WiFi to post your experiences. Your Cruise Critic friends will be very interested.

This ^^^^^^

No excuses Lois! :p

My grandmother had a wonderful expression; "Feed the canary another seed"... by which she meant, don't sweat the small stuff. You are spending major money on what will be a wonderful trip, so go ahead and get a car, driver, and a hassle free transfer to start your Silversea adventure! Have a terrific cruise, and please use that daily free hour of WiFi to post your experiences. Your Cruise Critic friends will be very interested.

Great added points made and shared. Wonderful, smart wisdom as to "Don't sweat the small stuff"!!

On the Internet, having an hour of Internet free each day is an important asset. During our recent, 11-day Silver Spirit cruise, I did all of my picture uploads, live/blog postings, checking e-mails, following news back-home, etc., with just careful management of the free wi-fi provided to me and my wife. You can accomplish so much, especially if you are efficient in doing certain off-line writing, prep work, reading, etc. And, between my lap-top and iPhone, it was easy to do those "tasks" from a wide variety of locations on the ship. Understand for many that "vacation" means being staying off-line. BUT, for others ,we like at times to multi-task, doing BOTH fun things and still being connected in certain productive, interesting ways. Overall for me on the Silver Spirit, the Internet and wi-fi worked reasonably well. And, the price, free, was excellent.

YES, we would appreciate any and all updates as to your trip, for questions, etc., as you travel on this upcoming adventure.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 52,050 views for these postings.