What is the BB Kings?

Hflors

I have my fingers crossed that they lower the volume a bit on my Eurodam cruise. I thought they were incredibly talented on the Oosterdam , but I had to leave by the 4th song because my ears began to hurt. I really want to enjoy them!

Yup! Same here! Too loud - even had some distortion, the music was so loud.

There are even variations among the different BBKing combos playing aboard the ships. We've enjoyed one group aboard Westerdam on an Alaska cruise and another aboard Eurodam on a Caribbean cruise. We were hoping the first group would be on the second cruise, but wound up enjoying a different group even more.

I ran into the lead singer one morning on K'dam and struck up a conversation with him. He told me each member of the band is on an individual contract, not the band as a whole. This means the bands get mixed and matched as contracts end and begin.

They're entertainers, not university graduate students working on a BB King musicology history thesis. They're good musicians entertaining obviously happy cruisers. Live with it...or resume your debate about the merits or evils of turkey bacon. Either way, I'll be looking forward to seeing them on our next cruise.

Awesome post! Enjoy them! One of the better moves HAL has made in recent years, bringing these groups on board, Gloria Gaynor songs et all ;)

I couldn't agree more with Oregonpoppa and John. We have enjoyed BB Kings on several ships and just wish they had waited until after the 2018 VOV to remove them from the Rotterdam! :(

I ran into the lead singer one morning on K'dam and struck up a conversation with him. He told me each member of the band is on an individual contract, not the band as a whole. This means the bands get mixed and matched as contracts end and begin.

Not necessarily any more; On Oosterdam in December, the group left as a whole in San Diego and was replaced by a new group

They're entertainers, not university graduate students working on a BB King musicology history thesis. They're good musicians entertaining obviously happy cruisers. Live with it...or resume your debate about the merits or evils of turkey bacon. Either way, I'll be looking forward to seeing them on our next cruise.
I don't like turkey bacon, therefore it must be evil.

A large number of the threads on the HAL Boards consist of the same five to ten people arguing about the same topics everyday. Here's a topic: Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Or is it? Talk amongst yourselves while I get get my popcorn ready.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Saw a different group of band members on the NA since my last post and still haven't changed my opinion, best band & singers on the seas. DW and I attended every show.

If you enjoy them but they are too loud for you try some of the foam ear plugs. They are very comfortable.

IF you don 't enjoy them, don't go.

Darryl Stanley is awesome and so are Tempest Barnes, Tabitha Speight and Tim Timmons

Loved Tempest Barnes she has an awesome voice. I didn't find them too loud I just love their music. We only book the Vista ships because we want to enjoy BB Kings music.

Not necessarily any more; On Oosterdam in December, the group left as a whole in San Diego and was replaced by a new group

Yeah, he had mentioned that much....but said they don't necessarily come back as a group.