Beverage package upgrade question

B17

Hello

We have a classic drinks package on our next sailing and expected to see an option to 'Upgrade to Premium'

On our last sailing one of the beverage options was 'upgrade your drinks package' at a cost of £xx

However all I see this time is I can purchase a Premium package at the full cost but with no upgrade price.

Is that normal?

I am not even sure that I want to upgrade at the moment but its concerning me that maybe my booking hasn't been logged as having the classic package.

(My TA paperwork states I do have it) but how do I check?

I had the classic and did not see it on my account on Celebrity. I called my TA they said I had it, and it is on my receipt. I could not see it on my account until we decided to upgrade.My husband and I decided to upgrade yesterday and it was 165.00 for both. We are leaving this weekend.

Hello

We have a classic drinks package on our next sailing and expected to see an option to 'Upgrade to Premium'

On our last sailing one of the beverage options was 'upgrade your drinks package' at a cost of £xx

However all I see this time is I can purchase a Premium package at the full cost but with no upgrade price.

Is that normal?

I am not even sure that I want to upgrade at the moment but its concerning me that maybe my booking hasn't been logged as having the classic package.

Perhaps the previous option to upgrade on line was something unique to the U.K. Website. I do not think the US site as ever allowed an upgrade on line. I have always called the CC or upgraded when I boarded.

Keep in mind that it is very easy to upgrade aboard. There will be some desks set up around the ship (on the first couple of days) where they will solicit upgrades (and new packages). You can also ask any bar tender or bar waiter to handle the upgrade and it will be done. Probably the best advice we received about upgrading from Classic to Premium...came from an Eclipse Bar Tender who we had befriended on a previous cruise. He was manning a desk near the entrance to the ship (on embarkation day) and we stopped to say hello. When I asked him about upgrading he suggested waiting a day or two...so we could find out if the Classic Package met our needs. And keep in mind that if you wait to upgrade your cost will be reduced by $10.80 every day.

Hank

Keep in mind that it is very easy to upgrade aboard. There will be some desks set up around the ship (on the first couple of days) where they will solicit upgrades (and new packages). You can also ask any bar tender or bar waiter to handle the upgrade and it will be done. Probably the best advice we received about upgrading from Classic to Premium...came from an Eclipse Bar Tender who we had befriended on a previous cruise. He was manning a desk near the entrance to the ship (on embarkation day) and we stopped to say hello. When I asked him about upgrading he suggested waiting a day or two...so we could find out if the Classic Package met our needs. And keep in mind that if you wait to upgrade your cost will be reduced by $10.80 every day.

Hank

Hank we will be on a 12 day cruise, what day do you think will be our final upgrade option day?

For me drink upgrade package appeared after I "Checked In" online with credit card info. But no difference in price pre-cruise or onboard. Why not wait? BTW, pina colada's, daiquiri's, Mudslides and most frozen drinks taste the same on both plans. If you like margarita's as I do then go top shelf margarita on premium or $2 more each, classic not so good. Martini's are good, included with premium or $4 more each. Wine selection is bad! You'll enjoy classic wines just as much as premium. Mojito lover, forget it. Several attempts to get a good one and no luck on ship. Real advantage with premium is you don't have to sign the slips every time you want an upgraded drink. Disadvantage is you will try to drink your monies worth and wind up with a bad hangover. Cheers!

Hank we will be on a 12 day cruise, what day do you think will be our final upgrade option day?

We are in the "Lisa" era which means anything can change at any time. That being said, there has never been a problem upgrading or even buying a package during the first two days. It is possible you could do an upgrade anytime on your cruise....although when you buy it you are going to pay for all the days left on your cruise. So in theory you could wait a few days (using the Classic Package) and then upgrade for the rest of the cruise. But in the "Lisa" era one never knows. The best advice is that once you get aboard, just ask the staff who are selling packages (never hard to find). Or you should be able to find out from any bat tender or bar waiter.

Hank

We are in the "Lisa" era which means anything can change at any time. That being said, there has never been a problem upgrading or even buying a package during the first two days. It is possible you could do an upgrade anytime on your cruise....although when you buy it you are going to pay for all the days left on your cruise. So in theory you could wait a few days (using the Classic Package) and then upgrade for the rest of the cruise. But in the "Lisa" era one never knows. The best advice is that once you get aboard, just ask the staff who are selling packages (never hard to find). Or you should be able to find out from any bat tender or bar waiter.

Hank

Thank you I think I'll wait to see then if I need to upgrade once onboard, I'll sample the Classic package first 🍹🍻

Hello

Is that normal?

Hi I upgraded from free classic to premium last week.

I like my champagne & martinis.

Cost £127 for 14 night upgrade.

Celebrity deducted this from my free onboard credit.

Enjoy you cruise

The last I heard they had a policy that if you were on the Classic package and wanted to get a premium drink, you only had to pay the cost difference between the two (premium cost - classic cost). If I wanted to try a drink or two from the premium package, this would be the way I would do it instead of paying the $10/day to upgrade.

Melissa

The last I heard they had a policy that if you were on the Classic package and wanted to get a premium drink, you only had to pay the cost difference between the two (premium cost - classic cost). If I wanted to try a drink or two from the premium package, this would be the way I would do it instead of paying the $10/day to upgrade.

Melissa

Yes this is a fairly recent change by Celebrity that you can just pay the difference. That does change the equation a bit for those happy with the Classic offerings who just want something better on occasion. However if you enjoy the Martini Bar every day or World Class Bar or want premium wines quite often it is far less expensive to upgrade for $11.80 per day. By the way you can upgrade any time - not just on the first day. So you can see how it goes with Classic for a few days.