IFly and Northstar

I recommend booking both early in your cruise so if there is a cancellation because of weather. You have time to try and find another spot.

If everyone in your party is doing ifly do it at 2 different times not back to back but maybe a hour apart so someone can video record it. The have a ship photog taking pics for sale but the videos are fun .

Yes, it is recommended. Go into your cruise planner and book all entertainment too.

Thanks but it is not on the cruise planner that is why I was wondering if there was a different way before actually embarkation day....

Thanks but it is not on the cruise planner that is why I was wondering if there was a different way before actually embarkation day....

Try calling RC Customer Service.

Ifly and Northstar appear in your cruise planner at a different time than the other things you can book through your planner. Ours weren't available to book until much closer to sailing date and all reservations were gone very quickly. Keep an eye on your rollcall, someone usually posts that reservations are open.

You can book once you board using the Royal IQ app or by going to the box office.

iFly and NorthStar only appeared about 60 days out (or less) from our sailing. So keep checking. Agree that you can join the roll call for your cruise as others usually post when they've been able to make the reservations. But don't worry--if you use the Royal App onboard keep checking a couple times a day--RC sometimes just adds these things to your calendar. Also keep in mind you can go standby on NorthStar--which is what we did last month. Walked past and hardly anyone was there for the next flight up so we joined!

Thanks all for your replies. I would also love to hear anyone's critique who actually experienced the IFly. Do you feel any pressure on arms, legs etc., does the wind hurt you ar all. I know they warn not to do this if you have a bad back or shoulder and like to know how it does affect these areas as sometimes a get a "kink" in my upper arm and feel a twinge if I move it in a funny or awkward way. Finally, are you in there alone or does someone go with you to guide You`. Not sure how you actually maneuver up, down etc. would love to try it just a bit concerned about my arm which may or may not act up!

Thanks all for your replies. I would also love to hear anyone's critique who actually experienced the IFly. Do you feel any pressure on arms, legs etc., does the wind hurt you ar all. I know they warn not to do this if you have a bad back or shoulder and like to know how it does affect these areas as sometimes a get a "kink" in my upper arm and feel a twinge if I move it in a funny or awkward way. Finally, are you in there alone or does someone go with you to guide You`. Not sure how you actually maneuver up, down etc. would love to try it just a bit concerned about my arm which may or may not act up!

The details don't matter for you - you should not go if you have physical issues.

Does anyone know the age, height, weight restrictions for iFly and NorthStar?

Weight limit varies by height for Ripcord and I think 250 for Northstar - but like many things, the enforcement of the limits varies.

Yes, someone goes into the tube with you and helps you stay "afloat" and steady. My boyfriend did it but I did not. He said it was a lot of work to keep your body straight, but he enjoyed it and is doing it again on our upcoming cruise too. You will receive instruction with your group beforehand and then each person goes in for about 30 seconds--maybe more if the group at that time is smaller. You walk to the entrance of the tube and just fall forward and the wind catches you.

Does anyone know the age, height, weight restrictions for iFly and NorthStar?

According to the Compass from June, Ripcord restrictions are: must be 3 years old (I can't imagine a 3 year old doing it!), under 6' should have max weight of 230 lbs. and over 6' max weight of 250. No loose clothing and long hair must be tied back. Compass says you will be charged $25 if you don't show up for your reservation.

I don't see a maximum for NorthStar in the Compass and no one asked our height or weight when we went on it. They do limit the # of people per ride. There were kids in the NorthStar. Great pics from up there!

According to the Compass from June, Ripcord restrictions are: must be 3 years old (I can't imagine a 3 year old doing it!), under 6' should have max weight of 230 lbs. and over 6' max weight of 250. No loose clothing and long hair must be tied back. Compass says you will be charged $25 if you don't show up for your reservation.

I don't see a maximum for NorthStar in the Compass and no one asked our height or weight when we went on it. They do limit the # of people per ride. There were kids in the NorthStar. Great pics from up there!

Thank you - this is perfect. I wanted to confirm as DS will be 10 at the time of the cruise and he is interested in this, as am I.

Didn't get a chance to do I-fly on my last anthem cruise but as far as north star goes, it's very cool! We were hanging out at the sky bar shortly before passing below the Verrazano bridge,shortly after passing we were asked if we would like to try it. I have some cool pics with the bridge in background. I really don't think a reservation is necessary. Never seemed like the line was very long

I can't recall how far in advance they came up, but they disappeared once what was available was "sold" out.

North Star was only available, as far as I could tell, on sea days for pre-booking. I had no issue changing my reservation on board to a port day. Somewhere I read that there is a 300 lb weight limit due to limitations to emergency evacuation routes.

I was surprised to hear people still making iFly reservations on day 2 morning. Regardless, if you missed the small timeframe that it was online, I would do what others suggested and book ASAP.