OBC for Drink package and specialty dining

fire&teacher

How can I order the drink package using my OBC? Also how do I make specialty dining reservations to apply to my OBC?

I would like to do these ahead of time but it says I have to pay. I see no option for OBC. Do I have to wait until we board to do this? Thanks for your help.

How can I order the drink package using my OBC? Also how do I make specialty dining reservations to apply to my OBC?

I would like to do these ahead of time but it says I have to pay. I see no option for OBC. Do I have to wait until we board to do this? Thanks for your help.

For beverage packages and specialty dining pre cruise orders must be paid for by credit card. You can not use your OBC's for this purpose. Once on board any purchases will be added to your on board account(s) and will net against any OBC's. The AIBP cost a few dollars more per day when purchased on board. Specialty dining is the same price. From experience there are many specialty dining reservation times available once on board. You also have the opportunity to review the cruise's evening schedule before making the decision on day and time.

Didn't use to be that way. It's a fairly recent change and not a change for the better.

Very few pricing changes are for the better (at least better for passengers).

This continues top be a way of encouraging passengers to spend more before the cruise.

And cruise lines have found that if passengers spend more before the cruise, they are willing to spend even more once on board since they will not have that bill for all the pre-paid items on their on board account.