Club class, Princess cruise

GrouchyBomber

We were on our cruise aboard the Ruby Princess (in a full suite, as were a few of our friends, and also one CC mini suite), when we arrived at the club class entry at 8:15 pm, we were denied seating by the head waiter. We "didn't arrive at our assigned time", "it is difficult to seat such a large group" (six of us), "we close in 20 minutes" (not true) and "you will have to go to the regular entrance to be seated". Unbelievable. Complained to the suite desk passenger service person, who said I would be contacted by a supervisor. Never was. I have yet to do my post cruise survey, but will be very vocal about this. Don't expect any compensation, kind of late for that, but it is a deal breaker for me ever booking a CC accommodation ever again. And I will certainly share my negative experience to those asking. Completely Unacceptable.

We were on our cruise aboard the Ruby Princess (in a full suite, as were a few of our friends, and also one CC mini suite), when we arrived at the club class entry at 8:15 pm, we were denied seating by the head waiter. We "didn't arrive at our assigned time", "it is difficult to seat such a large group" (six of us), "we close in 20 minutes" (not true) and "you will have to go to the regular entrance to be seated". Unbelievable. Complained to the suite desk passenger service person, who said I would be contacted by a supervisor. Never was. I have yet to do my post cruise survey, but will be very vocal about this. Don't expect any compensation, kind of late for that, but it is a deal breaker for me ever booking a CC accommodation ever again. And I will certainly share my negative experience to those asking. Completely Unacceptable.

Club Class isn't an assigned time, it's anytime. When did 6 become a large group? I would be livid if I was denied my dinner the way you were.

Club Class isn't an assigned time, it's anytime. When did 6 become a large group? I would be livid if I was denied my dinner the way you were.

I would be livid too. And maybe I'd go to the main entrance and talk to the Maitre'd about it.

In addition to no assigned time, I think it has roughly the same hours as the dining room.

Exactly what I said, which is why he moved on to the “Your party is too large” etc. And I was, and am livid about it.

I would be livid too. And maybe I'd go to the main entrance and talk to the Maitre'd about it.

In addition to no assigned time, I think it has roughly the same hours as the dining room.

I debated pushing it further, in the moment, but decided I had a choice. I had people with me who had booked the cruise at my invitation, and if I pushed right then, it could turn the evening into a big, agitated mess. Or, I could (temporarily) ignore, and salvage the rest of the evening. I was the only one really irritated by it, because others just looked to me to lead the way for whatever “activity” was underway. So by essentially letting it go, and letting the MDR hostess know how our situation had been handled, we were treated to super fast and conciliatory service in the regular area. It was the right call. But I’m still irked

Very strange and I would certainly not be pleased.

Assigned time? Had you previously made a reservation for sometime earlier on that night? Was the Club Dining area already full?

Based on my experience the Club Dining section has the same hours as the regular Anytime Dining Room.

I can only think of one justifiable reason. The Club Dining was being utilized by other guests with only a few two guests tables open. And the HW thought it would be past closing when a table would be available.

Otherwise, as explained by you, this is not acceptable. I noticed you were on a 5 day cruise, but it should not matter.

Again, I guess using club class will remain an individual thing. I worked and scrimped hard for 45 years, so I do not have to think about dollars here and there. Now that doesn't mean I will pay over $20pp per day for CC and haven't had to for my 4 last booked cruises(usually between $9-15) I also catch every price decrease I can. I worked hard ! Grin. But with my not good memories of ATD and my very good memories of 5-8 years ago 6PM traditional dining, I am loving CC dining. I do love that it also makes me book a mini-suite which I didn't, in the past, book. I stuck with deluxe balconies(not a complete spendthrift! Grin) But then I had my first mini with its space and its bathroom(!!!!!!-that bathtub, oh my) and I am now a mini person! Guess that is why I won't be trying a regular suite any time soon!(;p:o:D) CC gives me that just extra personal attention of the past Traditional dining memories, enables me to eat between 6-6:15 without waiting, and if a port intensive with odd times itineraries, helps not hurrying to make dinner. I get the attention and space and quietness of eating that I used to have to pay to get at Specialty Dining, and I do get tired of the limited menu at these locations.

Dining, being breakfast, lunch, or dinner, has always had a special place in my heart concerning cruising, probably more than others(I hate to cook and being the Mom, serving others and then having to look after myself too), so I guess that is why CC dining, so far, has been a fantastic experience for me.

Pooh

I experienced CC on the Emerald....

The food was always hot and the fluffy banana pancakes were to die for. Razvan did a fantastic job managing CC dinning.

The atmosphere was the winning factor for us.

I also experienced CC on the Emerald last year and totally agree about Razvan - he was an absolute star.

Very strange and I would certainly not be pleased.

Assigned time? Had you previously made a reservation for sometime earlier on that night? Was the Club Dining area already full?

Based on my experience the Club Dining section has the same hours as the regular Anytime Dining Room.

I can only think of one justifiable reason. The Club Dining was being utilized by other guests with only a few two guests tables open. And the HW thought it would be past closing when a table would be available.

Otherwise, as explained by you, this is not acceptable. I noticed you were on a 5 day cruise, but it should not matter.

Had not made any previous reservations — I think the second part is what happened BUT, rather than turning us away, he should have conferred with the Maitre D and found us a table — like the one set for 8, ready to go and empty, right in front of us. It was on the border between CC, and regular, but in the regular side. I would not have remotely had an issue with being seated there. I did have issue with being summarily dismissed. No where in the CC promo material does it say “if we are full 45 minutes before the dining room closes, you are on your own”

What stood out beyond the menu was the level of service. While the MDR servers are typically very good, it seemed like CC servers went well beyond with attentive - but not oppressive - service.

We sail our first Princess cruise (25 years of other lines) this fall and will have CC on the Crown ... sounds like it’ll be worth it... [emoji736]

Sent from my iPad using Forums