Celebrity Cruises Account Locked pop up

duegwb

If you don't click on the "exit reservation" box it will lock you out for 20 minutes. The website has been that way for many years.

I always get locked out for 20 minutes even when I click on the "exit reservation" box. It's been that way for years, even on the old site. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I long for the old site back!

For everyone having problems with the beautiful new site...and that's everyone, here's a link to the old site which mostly works.http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

When that doesn't I've taken to calling Captains Club and waiting on hold sometimes for up to 20 minutes for the overworked, but pleasant reps there to do for me what I used to do for myself in seconds. They say that the new site has some "glitches", but I point out that I know they can't say what they really mean, but passengers call the new site an unmitigated disaster! Usually they laugh and agree. I also point out that prior to the rollout of the new site I have never had to be on hold for Captains Club. The reps need vitamins to be able to keep up!

For everyone having problems with the beautiful new site...and that's everyone, here's a link to the old site which mostly works.http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

When that doesn't I've taken to calling Captains Club and waiting on hold sometimes for up to 20 minutes for the overworked, but pleasant reps there to do for me what I used to do for myself in seconds. They say that the new site has some "glitches", but I point out that I know they can't say what they really mean, but passengers call the new site an unmitigated disaster! Usually they laugh and agree. I also point out that prior to the rollout of the new site I have never had to be on hold for Captains Club. The reps need vitamins to be able to keep up!

When I follow this link to the old website, every link on the site only get's me "this page no longer exists."

When I follow this link to the old website, every link on the site only get's me "this page no longer exists."

First clear your cookies, cache and history. Then try again. It still worked for me today on IE.

First clear your cookies, cache and history. Then try again. It still worked for me today on IE.

Haha! What a joke. I cleared all of the above, clicked on the link for the old website, only to find it's "down." this is the message that showed: Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly. Oh, I'm also using Internet Explorer.

Haha! What a joke. I cleared all of the above, clicked on the link for the old website, only to find it's "down." this is the message that showed: Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly. Oh, I'm also using Internet Explorer.

That's really weird because right before I replied with the clear your cookies suggestion I logged onto the old site to check and clicked around to see if it was working and it did.

After reading your post I tried it again. I logged in, clicked Manage My Reservation, was able to see my spendable OBC, and was able to see my order history as well as put a shore excursion in my shopping cart. I don't know what else to suggest besides waiting a bit, clearing cookies, cache and history again and re-trying, or try the clearing process on another browser and trying it there. It also works on DH's computer using Chrome. Good luck! It stinks that so many people are having all these difficulties and Celebrity is doing nothing to fix it that is visible. They'd be better off taking the new site down, starting from the ground up and having it tested by cruise passengers who know what they need before rolling it out.

Just got the message for the first time today. It had better be the last. I also was on one device only. If the site were more user-friendly, life would be so much better. I'm trying to navigate through shore excursions and finding it oh-so frustrating. Do they actually think people thrown off the site are going to come back again and again to try to book with them or do something on their own, where the site and people are responsive?

• 1 year later...

(Sorry for upping an old thread, I did it on purpose.)

I'm having this exact problem and this thread was the first thing that popped up in Google search results for me. Interesting that they still have this issue almost two years later... 😳

I have found in the interim of time that has gone by since this thread started that regardless of browser I use, if I access the X site with and InPrivate or Incognito window I have very few problems. Every once in a while, I decide to go the regular route and the old problems rear their ugly heads.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2017 at 10:00 PM, jelayne said:

Kudos to the Captains Club folks who are having to book excursions, dining reservations, etc and confirm what we had is still there even if it doesn't show because the new website is a failure.

What about the old Celebrity website?

What about the one before that?

Does anyone remember a time when Celebrity ever had a good website?

If there is an easy, logical, direct way to do something and a roundabout, convoluted, illogical way, I know which one the Celebrity website designers will pick -- every time.

It almost seems as though they have a grudge against Celebrity and deliberately try to sabotage their website by making it as non-user friendly as possible.

I still get “account locked” everytime I got to my cruise manager ..... for no reason at all and it’s not due to inactivity. Happens instantly when clicking on one of the tabs. Horrible website, almost as bad as MSC. Probably the same IT people ......

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I still get “account locked” everytime I got to my cruise manager ..... for no reason at all and it’s not due to inactivity. Happens instantly when clicking on one of the tabs. Horrible website, almost as bad as MSC. Probably the same IT people ......

Try clearing your cookies and cache,  then only acces the site with an InPrivate or Incognito window and if possible set your browser to automatically delete cookies upon exit. It's far from perfect this way, but at least for me it's been marginally functional. Also, after deleting your cookies and cache, call X and have them unlock your reservation before you try the Incognito window again. Good luck! It is ridiculous to have to jump through hoops with a website like this! I particularly am baffled by the nerve of X to have a recording announcing it's "award winning website" while I'm on hold because of problems with the non-functional website! Sometimes you just have to say "hmmmmmm"!

On 7/14/2017 at 7:32 PM, Ma Bell said:

If you don't click on the "exit reservation" box it will lock you out for 20 minutes. The website has been that way for many years.

Ma Bell is correct, best way to avoid it is to make sure you sign out every time you use it. As she said this has been going on for years, proof of that is this is a two year old thread.

Edited by dkjretired