Celebrity Beds...Infinity in particular

BTwurddle

Can anyone advise on the quality of the mattresses on celebrity? We have sailed on RCCL many times and until our last always had decent to wonderful beds however the last on Rhapsody was as hard a rock and almost intolerable. Has anyone sailed on Infinity or another M class? We are almost certain to go with X next year in Alaska but are just wondering if bed comfort will be an issue. Thanks in advance and happy sailing to everyone!

I was wondering the same. We will be going on the Silhouette in January 2018. Our last cruise on Princess the beds were so hard even with a topper. Because we separated our beds we just got an egg crate topper vs the better topper that went on the bed as one.

Mattresses are really a matter of personal taste. For us, we have found that the mattresses on all of the X ships we have been on (including Infinity last year) are absolutely perfect, and we sleep extremely well.

My DH and I had no complaints on the mattress quality on our recent Infinity cruise. We both slept well ( as soon as we asked and received more pillows)

Wouldn't say it was a good as a 'heavenly bed' but was much better than a 'La Quinta' bed I slept on recently.

Plus it was better than my brand new mattress that was great in the store but not since we brought it home. Both DH and I have had back issues since we got the new one. Is it because we rearranged all our furniture that day?!!!

The point: who knows what makes a mattress right for anyone? Maybe just being on a floating resort makes for a great night's sleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was on the Celebrity a few weeks ago. I had terrible back pains through the week-long trip and really didn't know why. I now believe it was the mattress. I've never had problems like this before, and when sleeping on the mattress nothing seemed wrong, but by the second or third day I was in bad shape. When I got home, after two days, I was completely back to normal. I know this is not 100% conclusive, but I firmly believe it was the bed.

I think it is hit or miss. We were on the Infinity in May and were in a concierge cabin. To me the mattress was not firm at all, but our friends in the next cabin said theirs was very firm.

Luck of the draw. I like a very firm mattress because of back issues.

I think mattresses are so subjective just like food. We all like something different. We thought in our guest bedroom we had a firm mattress and had guests from Germany and they thought the mattress when asked was soft. When we went to Germany we could hardly sleep thought it was like sleeping on the hard floor.

We've sailed pretty recently on the Infinity and on the Explorer of the Seas (as well as on other Celebrity ships). The mattresses on RCCL are definitely as hard as a rock ... extra firm is an understatement. But, I've always slept like a baby on the Infinity ... actually, no problems with the mattresses on any of the Celebrity ships for that matter. Just to qualify, I think the older Princess style mattresses definitely needed an egg crate topper.. not so on the Infinity, though. Hopefully, that comparison helps.

Not only are mattresses subjective, but it is hit or miss as to whether you will end up with a fairly new mattress or a more worn one. Ships replace their mattresses in sections, rather than all at once based on what we have seen. Also, sometimes a mattress is ruined somehow and gets replaced out of rotation. Our experience has been when we stayed in a suite (only a couple times), the comfort level was much better than any lower categories.

I recently sailed 15 nights on Infinity in an AQ cabin on Deck 11. The mattress was ok, but quite firm. I considered asking for an egg crate topper but DH liked it that way and I could handle it without aches and pains. I have sailed in other cabins on other ships at times where the mattress was so hard I had to ask for a topper or suffer backaches. Conversely, I have sailed in some cabins (no seeming rhyme or reason) where the mattress was great.

Regarding the topper - if you ask for it be advised that your room steward may not understand what you are asking for. Other than those on these boards, most people do not even know it is an option so I don't think it gets requested often. We have had some very confused room stewards several times when we asked for the topper. Took a lot of explaining but when we finally got it it did help.

Their mattresses are too hard for our bad backs. We were on for 3 cruises in a row so I bought a cheap topper on Amazon and stuck a luggage tag on it. Totally worth the $40. We were able to drive to the port and then just give it to our room attendant and fly home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums