Carry-on drinks

mrgoaliedad

That's a funny one as their FAQ page says only this: "Carnival’s Liquor and Beverage Policy states that guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles." nothing about cans.

Probably just written poorly and applies to both, but the Carnival forum link above is the place to ask.

There wording is deliberate. It goes on to say: "A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in*cans*or*cartons*may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person."

That's a funny one as their FAQ page says only this: "Carnival’s Liquor and Beverage Policy states that guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles." nothing about cans.

Probably just written poorly and applies to both, but the Carnival forum link above is the place to ask.

They're concerned about smuggling alcohol aboard. A coke bottles can be re-filled with rum & coke, a lemonade bottle with vodka.

Cans and snip-top cartons can't be re-sealed.

JB :)

You MUST bring then on board in your carry on. NOT in your suitcase. Make sure it is in cans, no bottles. I have seen many people carrying a 12 pack of soda as they get on board. You are allowed one 12 pack per person.

When I take wine on board they usually check to see the sealed bottle is unopened.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

My wife and I did Royal Caribbean 12/29/2017 and I had two 12 packs of canned Bud light in our luggage. The problem was, we were running real late and had to carry our luggage to the ship. The good part was even though it was scan, nothing was said. I guess it was fate and luck.

Edited by bspiritbreeze
spelling