Only 3 guests allowed in Celebrity Suite on the Summit??

happymom52003

I'm very confused. We just got off of the Solstice where we had a Celebrity Suite for our family of four. I'm trying to book another cruise in a Celebrity Suite on the Summit, and when I try to add the second child, I get a message that the selected stateroom can not accommodate the number of guests. Can any one shed some light on this? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Well, there is one possibility that comes to mind, and others will chime in with more, I'm sure. Sometimes even though the room will accommodate another passenger, the ship won't allow it because the number of passengers for that muster station has reached its maximum. There are only so many spots on the lifeboats, and if there are many families already filling their staterooms with extra passengers, they may have reached the capacity allowed.

Have you tried choosing a different Celebrity Suite, say on the other side of the ship? It may let you book that one but not the one you are looking at now.

But, I would certainly try booking this through a travel agent. They can probably provide more insight into what's going on for you.

What is the date of the proposed cruise? That might help others look into the matter more for you.

Remember that the ship you were on was an M-class ship, and the one you are trying to book is an S class ship. So the rooms might be arranged quite differently.

They are arranged very differently....Although I was fairly sure both would take 4. Give Celebrity a call.

Remember that the ship you were on was an M-class ship, and the one you are trying to book is an S class ship. So the rooms might be arranged quite differently.

I think you mean the other way around (the OP has just come off an S class and is trying to book an M class), but we know what you mean :).

I think this has come up previously and it requires a telephone call to X.

I've got to stop posting in the middle of the night! So sorry I got the facts backward.

But the advice to work through Celebrity rather than booking on your own from the website still stands. A Celebrity agent or a travel agent may be able to override the system to let you add the 4th person.