FCC Questions

Ethel5

I'm traveling Solo on the Royal TA this Oct. I'd like to purchase two FCCs to use when my daughter and I do another TA in Oct 2019. Can I buy two and let her use one of them for her deposit? We will travel in the same cabin.

I'm traveling Solo on the Royal TA this Oct. I'd like to purchase two FCCs to use when my daughter and I do another TA in Oct 2019. Can I buy two and let her use one of them for her deposit? We will travel in the same cabin.
I do not believe you can. A friend was on a solo cruise and tried to buy a FCD for her husband and was told no. He would have to have been on board to purchase a FCD. Does your daughter live near a port where she could do a BVE? She could buy an FCD during the BVE.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your daughter can do a Bon Voyage experience

Use the $39 cost towards a future cruise and book a FCD while there. My sister did it on The Grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can still get one for yourself and enjoy the benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked pretty much the same question a month or so ago on this forum and I was assured that although I could only buy a FCC for myself, when I go to use it, anyone travelling with me in same suite would also be able to book with just a $100 deposit......dunno if that helps? :)

I asked pretty much the same question a month or so ago on this forum and I was assured that although I could only buy a FCC for myself, when I go to use it, anyone travelling with me in same suite would also be able to book with just a $100 deposit......dunno if that helps? :)

My daughter is really just looking for the reduced deposit. So, if this is allowed, we will be OK. Thanks for the info.:)

My daughter is really just looking for the reduced deposit. So, if this is allowed, we will be OK. Thanks for the info.:)

I recently booked a cruise with my daughter who has never cruised before, and because I booked myself with a FCC, her deposit was $100. So you should be OK.

Is the reduced deposit really that big a deal? We usually book our cruises late, so I have to pay the full amount at once. But the difference of putting down $100 instead of $250 or even $450 doesn't seem to be that much of an advantage. She'll have to pay the remainder of the price eventually.

Is the reduced deposit really that big a deal? We usually book our cruises late, so I have to pay the full amount at once. But the difference of putting down $100 instead of $250 or even $450 doesn't seem to be that much of an advantage. She'll have to pay the remainder of the price eventually.
Although the OP didn't mention this, in addition to the fact that a FCD is the only deposit required for most cruises, you get OBC of varying amounts depending upon the length of the cruise. It is not just the reduction in the deposit amount. Princess also runs promotions with only a $100 deposit required or even last month when deposits were only $1 each for the first two passengers. We booked two cruises for three people in a cabin and our total (non refundable for the promo) deposit for the two cruises was $4.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Donna,

Book two in your name, you can use yours to book and your daughter will be able to book with a $100 deposit. Miss you.....

G

Miss you too. Lost your e-mail addy. Please e-mail me drainvi 264 at aol dot com