Amsterdam outlets

Kruzkrazy

Hi group,

Dw and I will be staying in Amsterdam before a Viking cruise in October. Can someone tell me if Netherlands uses standard two-prong European electrical plugs?

Thanx,

KK

Yes, and the Viking longships have both European two prong 220 and US 110. You can use your adapters there as well to give yourself more access points as long as you are charging or using a dual voltage device

Something I did not know until I posted a similar question on this forum. Your electronic devices--tablets, smart phones--are already dual voltage. You'll need a 2-prong adapter (about $10 at Best Buy) but you won't need a converter. We were on the Viking Magni. We used the 220 and 110 voltage plugs about the same amount. So handy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Something I did not know until I posted a similar question on this forum. Your electronic devices--tablets, smart phones--are already dual voltage. You'll need a 2-prong adapter (about $10 at Best Buy) but you won't need a converter. We were on the Viking Magni. We used the 220 and 110 voltage plugs about the same amount. So handy.

Electronics are virtually all dual voltage. But not everything else. You need to check for other items.

Are they really US 110, or are they US plugs with 220 volts?

On Avalon (and I have to assume on all cruise ships that do this - I've had the same on ocean cruises too) the "American" plug = 110v and the European plug = 220v.

Why on earth would they want to ruin our stuff & their electricals by providing 220v service to an American plug?

Are they really US 110, or are they US plugs with 220 volts?

They are 110, I doubt anyone would run 220 through a standard US plug. Vast majority of modern items are dual voltage so you can go either way. I still have an old electric toothbrush that is 110 only so these were handy as it holds for about 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Just wondering hawkeye65 if you are from Iowa?