Price Drop .... Can you move to different category with New Non Refundable Deposit?

With the new non-refundable deposit, but past final payment date, can you move to a higher category that is actually cheaper then you booked? I booked yesterday Harmony of the Seas for Sept, in a Neighborhood Balcony GTY, and today the Oceanview Balcony GTY are $200+ less then I booked for yesterday. Does the price have to be higher when moving categories to be able to upgrade? I understand I will not get any refund or anything, but someone mentioned to me I cannot move categories unless I am paying a higher price? Is this true? Just thinking we might like the OceanView Balcony better then a Neighborhood, considering we would not have to put anymore money into it, and be out the $200+ but might have a better balcony if this is possible?

Once you are past final payment date, all deposits are non-refundable, so I don't see why the policy would be any different for a booking that had a non-refundable deposit. You should be able to upgrade to any higher category, no matter what the cost.

With the new non-refundable deposit, but past final payment date, can you move to a higher category that is actually cheaper then you booked? I booked yesterday Harmony of the Seas for Sept, in a Neighborhood Balcony GTY, and today the Oceanview Balcony GTY are $200+ less then I booked for yesterday. Does the price have to be higher when moving categories to be able to upgrade? I understand I will not get any refund or anything, but someone mentioned to me I cannot move categories unless I am paying a higher price? Is this true? Just thinking we might like the OceanView Balcony better then a Neighborhood, considering we would not have to put anymore money into it, and be out the $200+ but might have a better balcony if this is possible?

I'd call my TA or RC as soon as possible to ask and make the switch before that price disappears!

I had this exact same situation. I was denied moving to the higher category, was told I had to pay at least $1 more to upgrade! However, if you just booked yesterday does RCCL still have the 48 hour (or whatever it was) Guarantee the lowest price available? They'll probably say it has to be the same category. It, I'd call and check!!

Carla

I had this exact same situation. I was denied moving to the higher category, was told I had to pay at least $1 more to upgrade! However, if you just booked yesterday does RCCL still have the 48 hour (or whatever it was) Guarantee the lowest price available? They'll probably say it has to be the same category. It, I'd call and check!!

Carla

48 hour price guarantee: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/bestPriceGuarantee.do

• 2 weeks later...

I missed getting a cabin on July 20th when I posted this, as from the time I noticed the price drop, until I got a hold of Royal Caribbean the cabins were gone. They lasted less then 10 - 15 minutes from the time I first saw the price. I am very happy tonight as I was checking again and noticed they had Oceanview Balconies again for only $11 in the difference of what I originally booked for in the Neighborhood Balcony GTY so I was happy with that, and was able to get an Oceanview Balcony tonight. Less then a month to wait now until we get to sit on that balcony, so excited I can hardly wait. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

I missed getting a cabin on July 20th when I posted this, as from the time I noticed the price drop, until I got a hold of Royal Caribbean the cabins were gone. They lasted less then 10 - 15 minutes from the time I first saw the price. I am very happy tonight as I was checking again and noticed they had Oceanview Balconies again for only $11 in the difference of what I originally booked for in the Neighborhood Balcony GTY so I was happy with that, and was able to get an Oceanview Balcony tonight. Less then a month to wait now until we get to sit on that balcony, so excited I can hardly wait. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Enjoy that fabulous cruise. (I loved my visit to your beautiful island)

Good job Congrats!!