Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

So Island Lady, why do you need two Lounges? Just because you once had them?

Actually, we find the chairs in the SL to be quite comfortable. The PC we have meet and seem in the SL seemed to enjoy it. I guess they are snobs as well? John will have card access soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At one time the furniture up there was different. Not sure which version Pat saw.

We are/were more excited about CK than the SL. I'm really hoping I'll enjoy the new menu. Really loved the original.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Indeed would be honored to cruise with you and Pauline in the future! :)

We are actually still spending the rest of the summer up here in Maine in September, but will be back home to Florida in time to jump on MJ for a quick spin in October. :)

Likewise we would too.

Pauline's mam is 95 and her dementia is getting worse and she is worried about traveling to Orlando our favourite destination since 1992.

Pauline's brother lives with his mam but we spend a lot of time there and both went part retired to help care for her.

Hope your cruise is fantastic.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

At one time the furniture up there was different. Not sure which version Pat saw.

We are/were more excited about CK than the SL. I'm really hoping I'll enjoy the new menu. Really loved the original.

Good to know the furniture changed out. The original stuff I saw was "modern funk" and very uncomfortable. There were many on CC that complained about it.

We used BOGO the first couple of nights, but I think we will give that up and just enjoy CK the entire week. We really enjoyed dinners it in there, and is one of the reasons we want to keep coming back to Oasis. CK is a great new addition!

With 3 Oasis class ships in the US the crowding issues will be compounded with only 1 lounge for D and D+ so really a larger venue or a second lounge for D+ and P would have made sense.

I really don't think there's anywhere to add it now. They can't keep stealing public areas.

Lost the VCL, lost the secret balconies, lost the original DL, etc.....

Likewise we would too.

Pauline's mam is 95 and her dementia is getting worse and she is worried about traveling to Orlando our favourite destination since 1992.

Pauline's brother lives with his mam but we spend a lot of time there and both went part retired to help care for her.

Hope your cruise is fantastic.

Thanks! We always look forward to the next one! :)

Sorry to hear about Pauline's Mom. Always hard to take. Bucky's Dad passed away two years ago, my Mom last year, and now Bucky's Mom is not doing well. Bucky is going to leave Katie and myself behind here in Maine to travel to see his Mom in Ohio for a few days. We are indeed worried how much time she has left. Embrace them while we still can. Life is too short.

And the other thing I don't understand is this animosity towards D+...but the embrace

of Pinnacles. Poor John probably can't wait to divest himself of that notorious D+ status. ;p:'):')

Me neither,we are all equal,i respect Pinnacles loyalty to RC but our conversation wouldn't be about that.

Often i go to get something and when i get back Pauline is deep in conversation with someone and soon we are all best friends.

I really don't think there's anywhere to add it now. They can't keep stealing public areas.

Lost the VCL, lost the secret balconies, lost the original DL, etc.....

Oh yeah...I forgot about the now missing secret balconies :o Felt like an idiot

searching from deck to deck trying to find them again, until a cabin attendant told us they took them out. :(

Me neither,we are all equal,i respect Pinnacles loyalty to RC but our conversation wouldn't be about that.

Often i go to get something and when i get back Pauline is deep in conversation with someone and soon we are all best friends.

And yet another reason we love the DL and CL...so many like minded people...those

that love to cruise and have many cruise stories to tell! :D

I liked being Diamond, D+ was good to us as well, I'm sure I'll enjoy the next level. However I really don't think I'll set up camp in the SL.

I'm hoping to treat it as a great place to stop by why waiting for dinner in CK. Well stop by DL if it's not crowded to see if it's fun. And if it's crowded well go elsewhere.

I think this is what Graham and Pat are referring to.

FWIW, it's hard to plan for loyalty lounges using worst case scenario. In many cases DL is not crowded. Also Royal does a pretty good job in utilizing overflow lounges when justified.

Thanks! We always look forward to the next one! :)

Sorry to hear about Pauline's Mom. Always hard to take. Bucky's Dad passed away two years ago, my Mom last year, and now Bucky's Mom is not doing well. Bucky is going to leave Katie and myself behind here in Maine to travel to see his Mom in Ohio for a few days. We are indeed worried how much time she has left. Embrace them while we still can. Life is too short.

Sorry to hear about your mam and Bucky's dad.

Today it is 9 years since Paulines dad died.

My mam died suddenly in November 2011 when we were about to leave our pre cruise hotel in Malaga so we missed cruise and came home My dad died March 2012.

It has been lovely chatting with you.

Agree...it's only a matter of the extra pair of slacks, and of course the tux shirt, and of course the cumberbund, and the clips, the bow tie...;)

One time I packed Bucky's tux and forgot his tux shirt. Never heard the end of that, so now he packs his own stuff. ;p

Actually you might enjoy this. We had a wedding last year in the big city and a tux was required. I had bought a new shirt for my tux. When we started unpacking our stuff, it didn't take long to figure out my shirt was not packed. We found a Men's Warehouse about 45 mins away. It was a lifesaver. Can't do that on a ship.

We loved the food in the CK. On Lobster night they do it much different than in MDR. It was great but they will bring you tails same as MDR if you wish.

Actually you might enjoy this. We had a wedding last year in the big city and a tux was required. I had bought a new shirt for my tux. When we started unpacking our stuff, it didn't take long to figure out my shirt was not packed. We found a Men's Warehouse about 45 mins away. It was a lifesaver. Can't do that on a ship.

You'd be surprised what you can find on a ship

Sorry to hear about your mam and Bucky's dad.

Today it is 9 years since Paulines dad died.

My mam died suddenly in November 2011 when we were about to leave our pre cruise hotel in Malaga so we missed cruise and came home My dad died March 2012.

It has been lovely chatting with you.

And chatting with you as well! :)

Our loved ones will always remain close in our hearts....they are only a thought away.

I take it that since you saw my post I am not the third one on your ignore list.;p

Gosh no...I love reading your posts!! :)

Actually I can't remember who the third one is, don't even know if that one exists any longer. :confused: But I do know who the other two ....errr...two for the price of one are. ;);)

Edited by island lady

Oh yeah...I forgot about the now missing secret balconies :o Felt like an idiot

searching from deck to deck trying to find them again, until a cabin attendant told us they took them out. :(

The secret balconies were there the last time we cruised Oasis. I really enjoyed reading there. Hope I can find another quiet spot in the shade.:cool:

The secret balconies were there the last time we cruised Oasis. I really enjoyed reading there. Hope I can find another quiet spot in the shade.:cool:

We loved them for having a bird's eye view of the Aqua Theatre.

And chatting with you as well! :)

Our loved ones will always remain close in our hearts....they are only a thought away.

We miss them badly.Pauline has seen a few mediums and they have been incredibly accurate,her dad always came through and my mam did 3 weeks after she died and the medium actually said the day she died.

Hope Bucky's mam is okay,

All the best Graham & Pauline.