Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

I edited my post. I hit the wrong quote.

As Bob indicates, JS are Sea Class and only have access to CK for dinner providing space available. Just make reservations as soon as you board. Actually, although you don't have access to SL, they are one in the same and I have not seen anyone turned away for drinks while having dinner. Maybe others in Sea Class have seen otherwise.

GS are Sky Class and have full access to SL/CK. Many people in Star Class seldom eat in CK nor participate in SL as they have just about everything they want in the room. Their sea pass cards are black and I never saw one. Ours were plum colored.

I suggest you book a GS and try the SL/CK. You will still have access to the DL but once you go full Suite you will not go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Travelled once on allure in JS and had dinner a couple of times in ck. Never asked for a drink when staying js. Knew that sl wasn't part of js perks so i did not try.

On another note we had some guests not in a suite for dinner and ck wanted to charge them for the drinks (ordered scotch on the rocks and lemondrop with diamond voucher). Waiter knew they were not in a suite and had to straighten out the billing with manager. So some do lookout to see if you are entitled to drinks or not.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Who cares! If you're so upset about not being allowed in the SL on Oasis class ships, don't go, book a GS or above, try another ship or try another cruise line for gods sake. Get over it, RCL rules and they can make, break or change the rules as they see fit.:rolleyes:

Why be nasty and disrespectful? i won't be nasty or disrespectful back because the posts i take time to write will then be wiped off the thread.

All the Oasis class ships are in US so ruled out for us this year

I said other D+ not us were upset about no SL access because last year when we were on Harmony in Europe we were still Diamond so not an issue for us because we were not allowed even in the CL only the DL.

We have done 18 cruises on other cruise lines as well as 27 cruises on RC.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Why be nasty and disrespectful? i won't be nasty or disrespectful back because the posts i take time to write will then be wiped off the thread.

All the Oasis class ships are in US so ruled out for us this year

I said other D+ not us were upset about no SL access because last year when we were on Harmony in Europe we were still Diamond so not an issue for us because we were not allowed even in the CL only the DL.

We have done 18 cruises on other cruise lines as well as 27 cruises on RC.

I hope I haven't been nasty to you. I think we have a good debate. We might not agree but that doesn't mean we harbor hard feelings. I like to offer a different perspective that others don't like. CC gets boring once in a while and someone needs to keep it spicy or the horse will come out. Peace

Correct I think. JS don't have access to CL unless they are D+ or PC. On a normal ship, you have choice being D+. And as a Suite Guest, you also have access to both.

My information -- suite guests do not get access to DL. They have access to the CL/SL. This was from my last trip in May or has this changed? Katherine

I suggest you book a GS and try the SL/CK. You will still have access to the DL but once you go full Suite you will not go back.

I also second that thought of once you try sky class it will be hard to book any lower when sailing on oasis or anthem class ship. If we are sailing oasis or anthem class will book at a minimum sky class. We have a few cruises in 2018 that are insides, ocean view and balconies but on smaller ships, we are fine with as our d+ status gets us access to cl.

I do want to try star class(my son insists that he must travel in a star class cabin. I told him when he pays we will go when he wants). But even at $300 a night more i turned it down. The star perks are not a priority for us, but have to try it at least once. Actually that is how we ended up booking a sky class cabin. We ate at ck and saw the sl as a js cruiser. Perks looked great so told wife we have to try sky class next time we sail. Our previous 14 cruises we have only had cabins from insides to js. Now we have to book at least sky class if available. Try sky class once and you might get hooked.

My information -- suite guests do not get access to DL. They have access to the CL/SL. This was from my last trip in May or has this changed? Katherine

Can't check it any longer as we made Diamond after our Serenade cruise last November. Prior to making Diamond, our sea pass card would open the DL as well as CL. This was current on EN and Serenade.

This is something Diamonds and above would like to think, that Suite Guest don't have access to the DL but that hasn't been our experience.

Can't check it any longer as we made Diamond after our Serenade cruise last November. Prior to making Diamond, our sea pass card would open the DL as well as CL. This was current on EN and Serenade.

This is something Diamonds and above would like to think, that Suite Guest don't have access to the DL but that hasn't been our experience.

I believe your experience. My experience on three different ships has been the opposite.

I hope I haven't been nasty to you. I think we have a good debate. We might not agree but that doesn't mean we harbor hard feelings. I like to offer a different perspective that others don't like. CC gets boring once in a while and someone needs to keep it spicy or the horse will come out. Peace

It was ,' Thetrail i was referring to not yourself.I know we disagree but if i can help with advice i will and I'm sure you would reciprocate.

Regards.

Graham.

I also second that thought of once you try sky class it will be hard to book any lower when sailing on oasis or anthem class ship. If we are sailing oasis or anthem class will book at a minimum sky class. We have a few cruises in 2018 that are insides, ocean view and balconies but on smaller ships, we are fine with as our d+ status gets us access to cl.

I do want to try star class(my son insists that he must travel in a star class cabin. I told him when he pays we will go when he wants). But even at $300 a night more i turned it down. The star perks are not a priority for us, but have to try it at least once. Actually that is how we ended up booking a sky class cabin. We ate at ck and saw the sl as a js cruiser. Perks looked great so told wife we have to try sky class next time we sail. Our previous 14 cruises we have only had cabins from insides to js. Now we have to book at least sky class if available. Try sky class once and you might get hooked.

On our upcoming Halloween cruise, the sky price CLS, is still 2 grand more than our Sea price JS.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

On our upcoming Halloween cruise, the sky price CLS, is still 2 grand more than our Sea price JS.

For us it is an extra 2 grand just to fly from the UK to Florida or San Juan with the overnight US hotel pre cruise on top of the cruise price.

The high roller lounge at Bellagio has Toto's.

The Japanese owned Hotel we stayed in near Edison NJ last summer had Toto toilets. I got the boss one for her birthday She loves it. It has a heated seat, heated water, and a blow dryer built in. The guys will like it as well and I don't have one in my bathroom. [emoji33]

The Japanese owned Hotel we stayed in near Edison NJ last summer had Toto toilets. I got the boss one for her birthday She loves it. It has a heated seat, heated water, and a blow dryer built in. The guys will like it as well and I don't have one in my bathroom. [emoji33]

I have one. Once you have one, it is hard to not have one.

JC