Can you walk around the ship with a glass of wine from your stateroom?

caryatid

I was wondering if it was allowed to take the glass from the room and find a nice area out on the deck to enjoy a glass. I was thinking about buying these really cute acrylic wine glasses so I wouldn't have to worry about taking the glasses from the stateroom.

If I wanted to take wine from the cabin I'd stop by a bar on the way back to my cabin and ask for a couple of empty wine glasses. That way if you finish the glass of wine you can just leave the glass where you are. :D

On our last voyage on the Fantasy our steward told us we had to order wine glasses from room service. We did this and they brought the glasses, cork screw, and opened the bottle.

That has been our experience as well.

Wandering around the ship in early morning hours normally just liberate a few wine glasses from a bar, pour off wine in our cabin as desired and leave empty glasses in DR.

Surprised that no one pointed out that the contract prohibits drinking carry on wine in any dining area or bar (which is most of the ship since alcohol is served everwhere) without paying corkage fee. But everyone is correct that you can do it, the prohibition is not enforced. Good to know the official policy and the actual one.

(f) Beverage Policy: For safety reasons, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception: At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, Guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person. A $15 corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should Guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar. Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any Guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any Guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

I think they mean you are not to carry your own wine bottle into the dining room to consume, not that you can't carry your wine around in a glass & consume it where you wish. You are not having your wine served to you if you have poured it into your own glass.

Those who say they open their own bottle first, then take it to the MDR and have avoided the corkage fee, keep in mind, you are the exception to the rule, not the rule. The corkage fee doesn't simply mean charging a fee to open the bottle. It is a fee applied to wine that isn't bought on board. Being charged the corkage fee seems to be at the discretion of the waiter, whether Carnival knows that or not, but is technically supposed to be applied even if you open it yourself in your cabin.

You do realize you can simply ask for wine glasses from your steward or any bar and they will provide them? No one is talking about drinking wine from the water glasses in the room.
Last year aboard the Conquest, we already had wine glasses in our (interior) cabin. Three water glasses (3 of us in the cabin) and two wine glasses (2 of us were drinking age). The couple we cruised with had the same setup, except only two water glasses.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a large insulated tumbler with a lid and straw in the fun shops, got it just becuase it was way cute. Ended up using it, filled it from the bottles we carried on in the room. Carried it all over, no one would have known what was it in if they'd cared. Plus it was big, so,.. fewer refills!

We typically cruise with a group of friends and we all bring a bottle of wine on board. One of the nights we designate as "wine tasting party night". This has always been a lot of fun before heading out to the MDR. Some people will bring wine glasses they pick up at one of the bars but my favorite thing is my travel, unbreakable wine glass. The stem unscrews from the glass to make packing a breeze. Someone remembers to pack a cork screw and we find a nice quiet location where we can all sample and sip. Great fun!

• 11 months later...

There are nice wine glasses in your cabin. I use those, and bring a glass of wine to dinner. You can bring the glass anywhere on the ship, in bars, restaurants, etc. and leave it when you are done. The glasses are slightly different size and shape, so the staff knows if they came from room, bar, or restaurant. I believe that is how they know which section to return them.

I bought those exact glasses on Amazon last year for our cruise! They are awesome. We had cheers and brought on wine.

We poured wine in the room and took it with us to dinner. We poured our wine and mimosas in it all week that we ordered from the bars and restaurants. Had no issues.

My wife brought a pair of acrylic glasses to use, but I didn't like the feel of them and the way the wine tasted. So after that I went Neanderthal and used the water goblet for my wine. :) We had them in the atrium and just brought them back to the room. Next time we may borrow a couple of wine glasses from the bar. We stayed "inside" so there was no issue with the no-glass zones.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to bother with bringing a bottle of wine on our next cruise. We'll be in an inside cabin, so I'm not really interested in sitting in the cabin and having a glass of wine, so I was wondering if it was allowed to take the glass from the room and find a nice area out on the deck to enjoy a glass. I was thinking about buying these really cute acrylic wine glasses so I wouldn't have to worry about taking the glasses from the stateroom. I was also wondering if you could take a glass into the dining room? I know you can take the bottle into the dining room and pay a corkage free, but there is no way I would drink an entire bottle. I don't have a problem with paying the corkage fee, but if I didn't finish the bottle in the dinning room, would I be able to bring it back to my room?

They are cute .... but not worth $50 for 2 glasses! Amazon doesn't have any stock or price for these glasses. They only list a secondary seller whose price is $49.99 !!!

So after that I went Neanderthal and used the water goblet for my wine.

I had to laugh at this, Nebraska. I've used those water goblets as well. I've also poured wine & champagne into my yeti & drank them through a plastic bendy straw. I guess those transgressions make me sub-human.

I carry a glass to dinner every night in the glass from the cabin and I pour it into a nice wine glass at dinner and ask the server to remove the room glass if i have any left I take it with me. They dont have a problem, they do ask for corkage fee if you bring the whole bottle to dinner.

I carry a glass to dinner every night in the glass from the cabin and I pour it into a nice wine glass at dinner and ask the server to remove the room glass if i have any left I take it with me. They dont have a problem, they do ask for corkage fee if you bring the whole bottle to dinner.

I know they reserve that right but I have never once been charged a corkage fee for taking a bottle to the MDR. I guess it depends on the server.