Status match discount after booking?

triptastic

Hi,

I have a cruise booked for April 1, 2018. I saw that status match if offered, so I have just sent in my match request ( I am SPG gold)

In the event that my status is matched, can I call in and have them adjust my price to apply the 5% discount? I am still a long way from final payment.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have a cruise booked for April 1, 2018. I saw that status match if offered, so I have just sent in my match request ( I am SPG gold)

In the event that my status is matched, can I call in and have them adjust my price to apply the 5% discount? I am still a long way from final payment.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Both my TA and MSC in Sweden first said no but when I presented some "evidence" (from cruisecritic) that I should be able to get it they gave me the discount.

I had my cruise fully paid when I realised I was entitled to the 5% through the Status Match programme. I contacted my TA who got in touch with MSC and the 5% discount was approved in less than 24 hours. I'm just waiting on the paperwork to get done now and have asked that the refund be applied as OBC as the cruise is already paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had my cruise fully paid when I realised I was entitled to the 5% through the Status Match programme. I contacted my TA who got in touch with MSC and the 5% discount was approved in less than 24 hours. I'm just waiting on the paperwork to get done now and have asked that the refund be applied as OBC as the cruise is already paid off.

Even though the cruise is paid off the cruiseline can issue you a credit to your credit card, it will just take a while.

I only found out about status match discount after I booked. After I was matched one phone call and I had a revised booking email with the discount applied within 5 minutes. This was in Australia.

I booked the Seaside on the phone about a week after I applied for status match and a Voysger #. The phone rep saw that my app was in process and suggested I call back in a week or so. Said it should be simple to apply the discount against this booking.

I saw that I now get a Black Card and I'll call the rep this w/e.

I was booked and fully paid but status match had not gone thru despite my sending it in twice. I finally just called them and spoke with a really nice rep. She took care of putting thru our status match and then she said "oh now you are entitled to a 5% discount. Let me take care of that right now". Within a week I had a credit back on my credit card. She was great, I should have called sooner!

Thanks for all the replies. Another question... how do you know when your status match is approved? Do they send an email? I find the website impossible to load most of the time.

You will get an email with your voyager number and they shoud credit your cc!

Thanks for all the replies. Another question... how do you know when your status match is approved? Do they send an email? I find the website impossible to load most of the time.

I never did receive an email but instead found the information updated on the website when I logged in. So it's worth checking if you don't hear back.

What counts as "status", we have sailed twice with DCL, and once with Carnival and once NCL?

Any one of those will work but go with the higher one - after 4 cruises on carnival and 3 on RCCL we only got "classic" (but that's because some of our cruises were only 4 or 5 days) but it's worth it because will credit you with a 5% discount!

Sorry, so any one of those will work, or all combined? 5% is 5%;)

And, do I have to give my agent all of my VIP numbers or whatever theyre called for each line, so they can confirm them, or how does it work to prove it?

Excited to try a new line!:D

After reading the information about the 5% discount according to level, we called our travel agent. Best price cruises told us that our 5% discount was automatically given when our voyager number was put in. Be sure to check that this is considered when you put your past passenger number in.

• 2 weeks later...
I only found out about status match discount after I booked. After I was matched one phone call and I had a revised booking email with the discount applied within 5 minutes. This was in Australia.

Aronde ...where did you find the form for Australians to apply for a status match....I can only find the American ver that dont have space to put Australian detail...We are Platinum Princess

After reading the information about the 5% discount according to level, we called our travel agent. Best price cruises told us that our 5% discount was automatically given when our voyager number was put in. Be sure to check that this is considered when you put your past passenger number in.

Also meant to ask.....did you book through a travel agent or directly with MSC?

After many emails/phone calls we were finally matched and asked for the discount to be put as on board credit, as we sail in a week and figured it would be easier at this point..interesting that many among the people I spoke with were misinformed. One lady said that I would only get 5% off a future booking, and another said the $25 credit we already had (given as an arcade voucher/credit for the kids) was indeed the 5% discount..my point is know your stuff!

Also, even though we paid 1 payment, for 2 connecting rooms, as we are 6, they consider it 2 bookings, and said my husband and I had to "status match" separately. Coincidentally, I put my husbands name for our Carnival VIFP, and mine for our Disney Castaway Club (as I only ever did 1 of us for each line, not realizing the potential benefits)..therefore we could have the discount on both cabins..(mind you he is classic and I am silver, though the discount was the same)..it only worked out to $65 credit for each room..but free money is free money!

I would have never known about any of this , as my agent said nothing, and is not familiar with MSC..so thank you all!

Meant to ask ...did you book directly through MSC or travel agent Aronde

Direct with MSC. Funny story was on their website looking for something for our European holiday when a chat box popped up from them. I normally ignore these but answered and incredibly got a Duplex Suite Aurea package for the 4 of us at $5400! Glad I answered the chat and then they took another 5% off a few weeks later when I did the status match!