Navigator next dry dock?

Seems to me that she is due her 5 year in Jan. 2019, as I believe she was done in January 2014. Since Adventure is getting a suite lounge this coming Jan. I am going to guess that all the Freedom and Voyager class ships will be getting a suite lounge in their next dry docks. Love the suite lounge on Liberty. Unfortunately, the deck plans for Adventure show the proposed suite lounge is only half as large as on LB.

Seems to me that she is due her 5 year in Jan. 2019, as I believe she was done in January 2014. Since Adventure is getting a suite lounge this coming Jan. I am going to guess that all the Freedom and Voyager class ships will be getting a suite lounge in their next dry docks. Love the suite lounge on Liberty. Unfortunately, the deck plans for Adventure show the proposed suite lounge is only half as large as on LB.

Where can you find these deck plans of Adventure of the Seas? Couldn't find anything. On the other side about Navigators refurbishment no information has been released officially by Royal Caribbean. So we don't know what will be refurbished. I am assuming it will be a suite lounge and general maintenance. Only time will tell. I would not be surprised if she goes into dry dock in 2019, because that's the five year mark since her last.

Where can you find these deck plans of Adventure of the Seas? Couldn't find anything. On the other side about Navigators refurbishment no information has been released officially by Royal Caribbean. So we don't know what will be refurbished. I am assuming it will be a suite lounge and general maintenance. Only time will tell. I would not be surprised if she goes into dry dock in 2019, because that's the five year mark since her last.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RCI_Deck_Plans/Deployment_2018_2019/Adventure_Deck_Plans_Reference_Guide_2018_2019.pdf

Unfortunately, the deck plans for Adventure show the proposed suite lounge is only half as large as on LB.

It would not surprise me at all if the Suite Lounge ends up being be the same size as Liberty's (the deck plans could just be a bit inaccurate). But time will tell.

It will be nice when all the ships move to a Suite Lounge. Royal continues to listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you've got the requirement wrong for merchant vessels in general and pass' vessels in particular ....

http://www.marineinsight.com/guidelines/dry-dock-types-of-dry-docks-requirements-for-dry-dock/

As per SOLAS requirement all Merchant vessels requires a complete inspection of hull in a dry dock twice within 5 year period and the intermediate survey must not be more than 36 months. This includes maintenance of hull, propeller, rudder etc. and other parts which are immersed in water and are normally inaccessible by ship staff at normal sailing period.

For Passenger vessel the inspection of the ship’s bottom is to be done annually. Two of such inspection in a period of five year must be carried in dry dock and the maximum interval between these inspections is 3 years.

this is a SOLAS recommendation, typically made law by the 'flag state' where the vessel is registered. In the US most of SOLAS is regulation and enforced before a vessel can board pass' in a US port, so there's a double whammy of requirement and the US has a wee bit more of an active enforcement program ..... something to keep in mind if cruising a line that never visits US ports. Or ... why are older cruise ships bought by lines that don't visit the US ... example MONARCH ....

It will be nice when all the ships move to a Suite Lounge. Royal continues to listen.

WE also like suite lounges , but was on Brilliance last year there concierge lounge was large and could always find a seat even though diamond plus were also there, staff was the best.

WE also like suite lounges , but was on Brilliance last year there concierge lounge was large and could always find a seat even though diamond plus were also there, staff was the best.

Once they move to a Suite Lounge, it will only be Suite Guest and PC. I think many Suite Guest are of the same opinion. Royal has been asking what changes we would like to have as Suite Guest and this has been high on our list.