What Map app to track ship?

Google Maps should do it, but you may need WiFi on the ship for the most accurate map.

The pictures you are seeing with the little ship outline is probably from Marine Traffic which I believe would also need WiFi onboard to work properly.

Dan.

If you download the app and offline maps in advance, I've had good luck with Maps.Me. It can remember up to 24 hours of where you last were and that is able to be changed to different increments.

As long as you have the Maps downloaded, no internet connection is needed.

Without a paid sat based account, most web sites depend on land based signals so you'll lose updated location once the ship is about 10+ miles off shore. On the ship you can use Google Maps if you downloaded maps for offline viewing.

Stll on all the ships we've been on lately.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you live in Central Illinois? My wife and I now live in suburban Maryland, outside Washington DC, but I am originally from Pekin, Il. My wife is from the Chicago area.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you live in Central Illinois? My wife and I now live in suburban Maryland, outside Washington DC, but I am originally from Pekin, Il. My wife is from the Chicago area.

Springfield area, about 1:15 south of Pekin.

I've been using http://www.cruisemapper.com/ but Bob's looks better.

When a ship leaves land based AIS coverage, marinetraffic will simply list it as "out of service" and give the last reported position. Cruisemapper will use the ship's planned itinerary and give positions based on this, which can be wildly incorrect when a ship has a deviation.

Springfield area, about 1:15 south of Pekin.

Springfield, no kidding Bob. You we so right that I was near your house on 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour. I got there around 9pm on the Thursday night and there was a lot road work - paving on 55 north at 72. I'm glad I was going south on 55.

I stayed overnight in Springfield (Hampton Inn on Chuckwagon Drive) on my way to Kansas City for the start of it. I ate at Applebee's that night and had Starbucks Coffe in the morning. Had I known we could have met for coffee or dinner. Next time. :)

Springfield, no kidding Bob. You we so right that I was near your house on 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour. I got there around 9pm on the Thursday night and there was a lot road work - paving on 55 north at 72. I'm glad I was going south on 55.

I stayed overnight in Springfield (Hampton Inn on Chuckwagon Drive) on my way to Kansas City for the start of it. I ate at Applebee's that night and had Starbucks Coffe in the morning. Had I known we could have met for coffee or dinner. Next time. :)

If you were at Applebees, I probably drove right past you on Rt 4. Give me some notice next time you are going to be near, we will get together. :)