Rate specialty restaurants on Breakaway

acadran

Post #214 on this thread has our overall ratings. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449&page=11

The thread has numerous menus and food pictures from the Breakaway restaurants.

BirdTravels ,

Yes , already read your entire, wonderful review. Thank you for that. Made reservations for Cirque Dreams based on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Completely dependent to the tastes of the reviewer....... you will get 500 different responses with 62 different combos of best 3.

Exactly.

I think it's a good idea for people to try specialty restaurants that are a bit different from what they would normally try at home.

We just returned from our first NCL cruise and enjoyed Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina. We also went to Teppnyaki anfpd though it was entertaining and the food was good it just was too much. I would not go back. We did not do Ocean Blue as I am not really a seafood lover but would consider it if we ever traveled NCL again.

Cagneys is your typical steakhouse. La Cucina is your sub par Italian. Teppanyaki is your typical hibachi. Moderno is a Brazilian churrascaria and le bistro is French. I have only went to le bistro and la cucina once whereas all the others have been repeat offenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food is so subjective as mentioned. We enjoy most of the specialty restaurants but our number 1 is Le Bistro followed by Cagney's. I think most would feel this way. The only one, after doing it a few times I don't think we would repeat is Teppanyaki's It is fun, but the food isn't all that great and even the show the chef puts on has to do with his talents. some are really good, others just so so and one more thing: how much rice can anyone eat? I am pretty certain, on our Nov cruise we will go with LaBistro, Cagney's and probably Modernos. Because we are platinum we will have 2 more choices as well: we sill go to La Cucina's and do one of those 4 a second time.

We're new to NCL. Have purchased the 3x specialty dining pkg. what are the best 3 specialty restaurants on Breakaway? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The specialty restaurants are just like any land based one. They are usually really good, however they can all have their off nights. With that said my favorite is Lebistro, I just love the mushroom soup

Teppanyaki = the food was great but more than that it was so much fun. Also a great way to meet and mingle since you are typically seated with others

La Cucina = really liked this one as well ---- so much so that we actually went 2x -- sat inside once and outside once

Cagneys = this was great as well. However, although the food and service were excellent --- it does take a while --- if I recall correctly we were there about 2 hours. One time we were seated at a table overlooking the Manhattan room where Burn the Floor was performing --- that was really cool to be able to watch that show while having dinner -----an added bonus.