Princess Airport Transfers...Questions

2Canucks

Princess Cruise Transfers..Question

Has anyone here used the Princess Cruise Transfers for a transfer to the Airport after a cruise? (I have never used the Transfers...so do not know how they work.

I have a 12:20pm flight time and want to be at the airport Early to find my airline check in location. First time to Sydney, Australia so a little anxious as I'm now a solo traveller (widow).

Does the Princess Transfer Bus...drop everyone off at the same location...then we have to find our own way to our airline check in? OR. Will The Princess Transfer Bus drop passengers at their different airline locations?

Thank You for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53690722

Note the Princess flight guidelines for disembarking in Sydney:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

SYDNEY

Disembarking Passengers

For voyages that arrive in Sydney at 6:00 am, the earliest flight departure is 1:15 pm for international flights and 12:15 pm for domestic flights..

For voyages that arrive in Sydney at 7:00 am, the earliest flight departure is 1:45 pm for international flights and 12:15 pm for domestic flights.

For voyages that arrive in Sydney at 9:00 am, the earliest flight departure is 4:15 pm for international flights and 3:15 pm for domestic flights.

If taking a flight within Australia you are just within the guidelines; if boarding an international flight you are outside the guidelines and Princess will probably not allow you to take their transfer coach as it would not be guaranteed to get you to the airport on time even if there were no delays in arrival and disembarking.

You will have to rely on someone with experience disembarking at Sydney and flying out the same day to advise of the best mode of transport--and how quickly and early it is necessary for you to be off the ship.

Princess Cruise Transfers..Question

Has anyone here used the Princess Cruise Transfers for a transfer to the Airport after a cruise? (I have never used the Transfers...so do not know how they work.

I have a 12:20pm flight time and want to be at the airport Early to find my airline check in location. First time to Sydney, Australia so a little anxious as I'm now a solo traveller (widow).

Does the Princess Transfer Bus...drop everyone off at the same location...then we have to find our own way to our airline check in? OR. Will The Princess Transfer Bus drop passengers at their different airline locations?

Thank You for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53690722

The good news it that it's an English speaking country so you can navigate well.

I sure hope you're flying within Australia. Otherwise, you can't use Princess transfers and will have to use a taxi. :o

Some cruiseline transfers drop you off at your terminal whereas others drop everyone off at one terminal and you have to hoof it to your terminal. In some cases, that can be a long walk dragging your suitcases. It would help the OP greatly if people who have used Sydney transfers respond because transfers vary so greatly.

Edited to add: OP-Looks like your ship arrives at 7:00am. That means your international flight would have to be after 1:00pm according to Princess' chart below or 1:45pm according to the chart posted a few posts above this one.

Flight Guidelines

Embarkation

Latest international flight arrival: 3 hours, 30 minutes prior to the ship's departure.

Latest domestic flight arrival: 3 hours prior to the ship's departure.

Disembarkation

Earliest international flight departure: 5 hours after the ship's arrival.

Earliest domestic flight departure: 3 hours, 30 minutes after the ship's arrival.

• 1 month later...

I am sure with just a little research you will be able to book an independent transfer to the airport. Get off the ship early. No need to wait for a bus to "fill up" if you were on a cruise transfer. I am sure you can easily make a 12.20pm departure if your ship arrives at 7am, you did an independent transfer arranged in advance and you were one of the first off the ship.

I sure hope you're flying within Australia. Otherwise, you can't use Princess transfers and will have to use a taxi. :o

Some cruiseline transfers drop you off at your terminal whereas others drop everyone off at one terminal and you have to hoof it to your terminal. In some cases, that can be a long walk dragging your suitcases. It would help the OP greatly if people who have used Sydney transfers respond because transfers vary so greatly.

Edited to add: OP-Looks like your ship arrives at 7:00am. That means your international flight would have to be after 1:00pm according to Princess' chart below or 1:45pm according to the chart posted a few posts above this one.

Flight Guidelines

Embarkation

Latest international flight arrival: 3 hours, 30 minutes prior to the ship's departure.

Latest domestic flight arrival: 3 hours prior to the ship's departure.

Disembarkation

Earliest international flight departure: 5 hours after the ship's arrival.

Earliest domestic flight departure: 3 hours, 30 minutes after the ship's arrival.

How much is a transfer from ship to airport? Last time we paid $19/pp. Wonder if it's gone up?

We have Princess transfers booked from the ship to the airport in Sydney next April and have an international flight.

The cost is still $19/pp.

I would not take a ship transfer to try to get a plane internationally at that time at Sydney Airport. Walk off and get a taxi. I wouldn't use the trains as you have quite a walk with luggage and there is a heavy extra charge to use the Sydney Airport station.

For a 12.20 international flight the expectation is that you HAVE to be at the desk before 10.20 and preferably by 9.20

I have done the Ship (Circular Quay Station) to Sydney Domestic Airport many times. It's 18mins by train, very easy to do. You can see the train line from the ship. Its a 5min walk, Stop at the Kiosk by the train station entry. Very easy to find in fact most people heading off the ship will be walking in the same direction.

Get an Opal Card (Free) put A$18 the card then walk through the turnstyle into the train station. .There are attendants to direct you. But it is well sign posted.

Up the lift to the Platform, trains are very regular. Board the Train and get off at the International Airport Stop it takes you right into the Terminal.

You go up the lift from the platform and find your checkin counter.

Note you won't be the only one with a suitcase using the Train and there are attendants there to ask along the way, I'm sure if you have any doubts the Sydney ppl will direct you. It is very easy, provided your suitcase is on wheels. (I can't stress enough to people to purchase one of those 360 degree spin wheel suitcases, they are so easy to wheel upright.) but any suitcase on wheels is fine.

By TAXI (12km or 8miles)The Airport is about 20mins away but peak hour traffic can be very busy at that hour. Still it is a direct option and you will probably have a least an hour to get there, if you disembark by 8am. I did see in a previous post the taxi fare is approx A$40 depending on traffic. Taxi's are available at the Cruise Terminal.

I'm sure someone from Sydney might be able to give you a closer estimate on Taxi fare's from Circular Quay to the Airport.

http://www.airportlink.com.au/maps/city-map/

Have a great cruise :)