Chops, Jamie's, or Sabor's on Harmony of the Seas

Hi all!

My husband and I are travelling on the Harmony in two weeks with my parents and our boys. We are celebrating our wedding anniversary during the cruise and made reservations at Chops for the two of us that night. We've enjoyed Chops in the past on other ships but I haven't been reading the greatest reviews for Chops on the Harmony. We do already have reservations for Jamie's later in the week with the entire family. Should we stick with Chops or is Jamie's so good we should do it a second night or should we try Sabor or some other restaurant? While I've heard great things about Wonderland, we aren't too adventurous when it comes to meals, so I don't think we would consider Wonderland. Thanks in advance!

We had two great meals at Chops on Harmony in March. We avoided Jamies as the menu wasn't nearly as appealing to us as Giovannis. Loved Sabor for a snack but we won't be going back now that it's $19pp instead of a la carte. Consider trying 150 CP. we went for the first time on Harmony and loved it.

Hi Shelzie, definitely do Chops. We were on Harmony in November on the inaugural Caribbean sailing and it was excellent. The food was outstanding and the service was great. No reservations about this meal or restaurant whatsoever. We also enjoyed Jamie's but I wouldn't go there twice. As for Sabor, we didn't eat there.

We did eat at the Hibachi restaurant with our grown kids and grandkids and they had a great time. The chefs were entertaining and the food and service were very good.

Enjoy your cruise...you will love the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had two great meals at Chops on Harmony in March. We avoided Jamies as the menu wasn't nearly as appealing to us as Giovannis. Loved Sabor for a snack but we won't be going back now that it's $19pp instead of a la carte. Consider trying 150 CP. we went for the first time on Harmony and loved it.

Agree completely!!

I concur with OurUsualBeach that Jamie's is no Giovanni's. While it is ok, it definitely does not have the same wonderful menu and atmosphere as Giovanni's. Also, if you decide to go to Jamie's do NOT choose to sit outside in those torture devices otherwise known as metal chairs. They were SO uncomfortable that I grabbed one of the Central Park chairs from the middle area near Park Cafe and sat in it. Those metal chairs at Jamie's are second only to the discomfort of the stools on the Rising Tide Bar on Allure and Oasis. Thank GOODNESS they replaced those RT stools on Harmony.

We found Chops on Harmony to be as good as it is on any Royal Caribbean ship. The service in both Chops and Jamie's was very good.

Thank you so much for all your input! We've decided to stick with our Chops reservations for our anniversary and will keep our Jamie's reservations with our entire family for later in the week. We've also decided to add a reservation for Sabor since reviewing the menu again. These next 2 weeks can't go fast enough! I am so excited to get on the Harmony!

Chops has gone down hill on all its ships the past handful of years, we went again on the Harmony and as usual it was ok, we cancelled our second evening, didn't want to go there.

Jamie's its good American Italian not real Italian, not for anniversary.

My suggestion is definitely 150 Central Parc, its always excellent so much that we dined there 4 nights on our past Harmony cruise in May.

Hi all!

My husband and I are travelling on the Harmony in two weeks with my parents and our boys. We are celebrating our wedding anniversary during the cruise and made reservations at Chops for the two of us that night. We've enjoyed Chops in the past on other ships but I haven't been reading the greatest reviews for Chops on the Harmony. We do already have reservations for Jamie's later in the week with the entire family. Should we stick with Chops or is Jamie's so good we should do it a second night or should we try Sabor or some other restaurant? While I've heard great things about Wonderland, we aren't too adventurous when it comes to meals, so I don't think we would consider Wonderland. Thanks in advance!

I wanted to mention about Wonderland. I am like you, not real adventurous when it come to food. I was really concerned about the menu.

We were on the Harmony in Feb with several friends. We had the 3 night dining package and our friends wanted to go to Wonderland. So we had the Concierge make the reservations, we went and actually had a wonderful time. Along with one of the best meals of the week.

I do suggest you go with a large group and be very honest about your likes and dislikes. I have allergies to tomatoes and milk. My husband does not eat eggs. Honestly, it was one of the best meals we had all week. With a large group the meat portion is served "family" style. So the more people you have, the more things you get. And the more things you get to try.

The following week (we were on a B2B) our kids and a couple of friends went, they also had a wonderful experience. MY SIL does not eat avocados and the deconstructed salad base was pumpernickel bread instead the avocado base. Again, I personally think, it is best with a large group.

Also we loved Jamie's. We had lunch there both weeks and dinner once.

I actually would like to try 150 but my DH didn't seem as though there was much on the menu that interested him. Wonderland does seem amazing too and I'm sure we could make it work, I would just be worried that I would be annoying the waiter saying no to everything. LOL!

A group of 7 of us did Jamie's on Harmony this past January and we all thought it was great. We did not do Chops on Harmony but have done it many times on other ships and have never been disappointed. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I actually would like to try 150 but my DH didn't seem as though there was much on the menu that interested him. Wonderland does seem amazing too and I'm sure we could make it work, I would just be worried that I would be annoying the waiter saying no to everything. LOL!
Even if there is something on the menu you believe you won't like....try it(unless its alegy related). I thought I hated deviled eggs until I tried one at Wonderland.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We did a B2B on Harmony last month, we went to Chops twice during the first week and both times, we had to send something back; first time it was over cooked lobster, second time, it was over cooked steaks (both steaks). We cancelled our Chops reservation for the second week.

I understand that Chops was going to change its menu during our second week, but this didn't happen because the new menu items were not ready. I don't know if the upcoming menu change had any effect on the poor food quality we experienced. Harmony's Chops was the worst we have experienced in our 10 cruises over last 3 years on Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the tuna tartare, lobster gnocchi, short rib (i think?) and the donuts for dessert. It really was phenomenal. I think 150 Central Park was MUCH better than Wonderland in my opinion.

Even if there is something on the menu you believe you won't like....try it(unless its alegy related). I thought I hated deviled eggs until I tried one at Wonderland.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I agree that trying things is always a good choice, but my anecdotal experience with those deviled eggs is I thought I hated them before I tried one at Wonderland, and I was sure I hated them after I tried one at Wonderland.

Food is so relative. What one person might like another person doesn't. We loved Chops, the bacon appetizer was fabulous the entrées and desserts were great. We thought Wonderland was way better than 150 Park Place. We went to Jamie's for lunch and did not care for it at all. Their previous Italian restaurant (the name escapes me at the moment) was so much better.

Food is so relative. What one person might like another person doesn't. We loved Chops, the bacon appetizer was fabulous the entrées and desserts were great. We thought Wonderland was way better than 150 Park Place. We went to Jamie's for lunch and did not care for it at all. Their previous Italian restaurant (the name escapes me at the moment) was so much better.

Portifino