Anthem My Time Dining

My husband and I usually prefer to eat earlier around 5:30 or 6. But with the unknown schedule of cruising, I like to be kind of free and not feel rushed to get to dinner right at 5:30 everyday. Has anyone done my time dining on Anthem, and if so, what are your opinions. Also, with my time dining in assuming you have different waitstaff every night since it's not a set time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... Also, with my time dining in assuming you have different waitstaff every night since it's not a set time? ...

They try to keep you with the same waitstaff if possible.

My husband and I usually prefer to eat earlier around 5:30 or 6. But with the unknown schedule of cruising, I like to be kind of free and not feel rushed to get to dinner right at 5:30 everyday. Has anyone done my time dining on Anthem, and if so, what are your opinions. Also, with my time dining in assuming you have different waitstaff every night since it's not a set time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do MTD every cruise and just sailed Anthem with MTD in February. This was the first cruise we decided to not make reservations in advance. We typically eat around the times that you do. The first night was not good at all. We were seated in an area with tables very close together and our waiter was overwhelmed with 2 tables of 8, all with food allergies. He was at those tables forever and finally the head waiter took them over and freed the waiter up to serve his other tables. We were at dinner for over 2 hours and we were a party of 2.

The rest of the week was much better. We were seated in a different area, with different waiters and they were superb. Service was efficient, but not rushed. For the rest of the week, we were seated in that same area, with that waitstaff, at a couple different tables.

I would suggest that if you are not going to do reservations, do not eat too late on formal nights. When we came out of dinner on formal night, the non-reservation line was back into the elevator lobby:eek:

We usually eat between 5 and 6 (so much to do after dinner!!). Are you all saying the the lines are short or non-existent at that time? While we MAY make reservations, this being a cruise, we usually don't want to be on a schedule as much as possible. There's enough of that every day.

We usually eat between 5 and 6 (so much to do after dinner!!). Are you all saying the the lines are short or non-existent at that time? While we MAY make reservations, this being a cruise, we usually don't want to be on a schedule as much as possible. There's enough of that every day.

We did not encounter large lines on our February cruise when we went between 5:30 and 6ish. Longest line was formal nights and line when we came out of dinner on formal night was ridiculous!

I had MTD last week and almost always had the same waiter and same table. We never had a wait and went at different times each night, one night they even sent us to a different dining room which was a nice change of scenery.

That is great to hear! Do you have to make reservations in order to get the same wait staff?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This will be our first cruise on the Anthem and I have a dining question.

I was thinking since it's a 5 night cruise we would be able to eat at multiple areas - The Grande, Chic, American Icon, Silk and either the Windjammer or Specialty Dining.

While watching videos on YouTube giving tours and tips on cruising, I heard that depending on if you have Dynamic Dining or Traditional will depend on which of the 4 dining rooms you can eat in. Does this mean we won't be able to try all 4?

Thanks

Chandra

This will be our first cruise on the Anthem and I have a dining question.

I was thinking since it's a 5 night cruise we would be able to eat at multiple areas - The Grande, Chic, American Icon, Silk and either the Windjammer or Specialty Dining.

While watching videos on YouTube giving tours and tips on cruising, I heard that depending on if you have Dynamic Dining or Traditional will depend on which of the 4 dining rooms you can eat in. Does this mean we won't be able to try all 4?

Thanks

Chandra

There is no Dynamic Dining. There are two dining rooms for Traditional and two for My Time. Only the decor is different, the menu changes every night and is the same in each dining room.

I was on Anthem last week. We had My Time Dining and made reservations ahead of time. One night, we were 45 minutes late because we didn't get back to the ship on time to get ready for dinner on time. It was no problem. I think your table is basically reserved for two hours. It's better to show up a little late, than early from what I noticed. There were two nights when we were a few minutes early and our table wasn't ready, so we had to be seated somewhere else or wait for our table.

We do MTD every cruise and just sailed Anthem with MTD in February. This was the first cruise we decided to not make reservations in advance. We typically eat around the times that you do. The first night was not good at all. We were seated in an area with tables very close together and our waiter was overwhelmed with 2 tables of 8, all with food allergies. He was at those tables forever and finally the head waiter took them over and freed the waiter up to serve his other tables. We were at dinner for over 2 hours and we were a party of 2.

The rest of the week was much better. We were seated in a different area, with different waiters and they were superb. Service was efficient, but not rushed. For the rest of the week, we were seated in that same area, with that waitstaff, at a couple different tables.

I would suggest that if you are not going to do reservations, do not eat too late on formal nights. When we came out of dinner on formal night, the non-reservation line was back into the elevator lobby:eek:

So there is an area with tables for two that aren't within inches of each other ?...Not happy with this kinda set up at all on some RCI ships. So glad to hear it's a possibility on Anthem as we'll be on her for the first time in October.

So there is an area with tables for two that aren't within inches of each other ?...Not happy with this kinda set up at all on some RCI ships. So glad to hear it's a possibility on Anthem as we'll be on her for the first time in October.

Don't get your hopes up, most of the two tops are just as close on Anthem as other ships.

I agree to show up before 6:30 or so for the shortest wait for seating. Which room you'll be in depends on where there is a table for the # in your party. So while we have had My Time dining the 3x we have been on Anthem, we did not always end up in American Icon (or whichever it was said to be assigned for MyTime). We have been seated in Silk, and last time I think we went to Chic too. It's where they have an open table at that time.

Years ago we were used to the assigned dining times, but we tried out NCL a few times, got used to just going when we felt like it (was called "freestyle" at the time) and now it's what we prefer. Go when we feel like it. We don't care if we have the same wait staff every night.

You can also go to Solarium Bistro for dinner--you can make ressies in advance. They have an entree menu and a buffet of side dishes. Nice for a change of pace. They have brunch daily too.

ENJOY. We LOVE Anthem.