Fountains on pool deck ???

Wishing on a star

That's your opinion. A lot of people love that location.

I know. People just can't seem to get enough sun all day long.

I'm pretty good with the fountains. I don't see much better use. Another pool doesn't add that much, especially since the pools haven't been totally overflowing with people on the cruises that I've been on (in the Carr.)

It's to crowded for me. We just head off to the retreat pool. No noise, less people, no games and no MUTS. :)

I guess Princess probably like the flexibility of the space - i.e. it can be somewhere for kids to splash around, space for deckchairs, dancing area for deck parties, performance area, and the fountain shows are 'focal' feature (some might say gimmick) to splash (no pun intended) over their brochures, website etc. If they put a pool there instead then it can't be anything else, and probably would just be wasted space for large proportions of the day.

Now I am curious about how crowded the pools really are.

Redwing.... I would assume that on a Carribbean warm-weather cruise, the pools would be packed like sardines...

Shoulder! Especially on sea days. What months have you cruised?

We are looking at an early Dec. sailing.

Mid February, but they have been 10 days. Not saying that there were just a few people in them, but on sea days, one could move around in them without bumping into others. And one could always find a space to sit on the edge of one. And for the few times I strolled to the adult only one, I bet there were never more than 4 IN THE POOL at any single time.

Random thought - I wonder if there is anything else besides the fountain mechanism under there. If they moved the filtration system or other systems might have freed up some other space for infrastructure...

Still not saying it was a great idea, but that would at least make sense...

I guess Princess probably like the flexibility of the space - i.e. it can be somewhere for kids to splash around, space for deckchairs, dancing area for deck parties, performance area, and the fountain shows are 'focal' feature (some might say gimmick) to splash (no pun intended) over their brochures, website etc. If they put a pool there instead then it can't be anything else, and probably would just be wasted space for large proportions of the day.