carnival HUB app

cjd930

It's $5 per device for the length of the cruise for chat. Everything else is free and we used the app a lot on our cruise for the Fun Times. Other than the Hub app we only used our phones as cameras as we didn't pay for internet access and kept the cell radios on airplane mode.

I use the app on my ipad and iphone. Hub only works on the ship. The $5 chat feature is handy when you're not always together. We traveled in a group of 6 & used it to meet up with each other. I did notice that you have to have the app open to get the messages. I wish it would send a notification even when closed. I liked looking at the fun times on my ipad, where the font is bigger and I could see more of the page.

• 7 months later...

Further question: I do see that only the countdown works and I see the "I'M ON BOARD, LOG IN". When we board, of course, I know to log in. After that, are we given the choice to pay the $5 for the chat feature. Is that amount added to your S&S? Things have changed since I last sailed Carnival so I appreciate the help.

Jenny

EDIT: I'll start a new thread to make sure I see the answer.

Edited by LuckyStar
Add info

Further question: I do see that only the countdown works and I see the "I'M ON BOARD, LOG IN". When we board, of course, I know to log in. After that, are we given the choice to pay the $5 for the chat feature. Is that amount added to your S&S? Things have changed since I last sailed Carnival so I appreciate the help.

Jenny

EDIT: I'll start a new thread to make sure I see the answer.

*This was answered in the new thread* :cool:

You can use the app on your computer, tablet, and phone, but you can only use them one at a time. Also others have mentioned the app needs to be open in order to receive notification from others :)

not true at all, I have it on my iPad and iPhone, you might be thinking about wifi. Since we get wifi, the chat feature is not necessary, the IM is much faster and more reliable

not true at all, I have it on my iPad and iPhone, you might be thinking about wifi. Since we get wifi, the chat feature is not necessary, the IM is much faster and more reliable
I used the social plan on my tablet and computer and phone so not sure why you say it is untrue. I used whatsapp to video talk with my grandkids and showed them the cabin. I'm sure its wifi but it worked in a rea aft cabin for me :):) The hub worked on my phone, but was told tablet would work too.

I used the social plan on my tablet and computer and phone so not sure why you say it is untrue. I used whatsapp to video talk with my grandkids and showed them the cabin. I'm sure its wifi but it worked in a rea aft cabin for me :):) The hub worked on my phone, but was told tablet would work too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You said in your previous post that the Hub app can only be used on one device at a time. That's what coevan said wasn't true. You can use the Hub app on multiple devices at once. Unless you're using the chat feature. The wifi, on the other hand, can be used on multiple devices under the same purchase, but you have to log out of one and into the other. Or pay separate fees for each device to use them at the same time. The Hub app can be used independently from one of their wifi plans. You don't have to buy a plan to use the app.

I can't find the app on my iPad at all. Is it under "carnival hub". Just can't find it under Carnival at all. Thanks
When I search for Carnival Hub in the App Store, it's the first search result. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch, according to them.

You said in your previous post that the Hub app can only be used on one device at a time. That's what coevan said wasn't true. You can use the Hub app on multiple devices at once. Unless you're using the chat feature. The wifi, on the other hand, can be used on multiple devices under the same purchase, but you have to log out of one and into the other. Or pay separate fees for each device to use them at the same time. The Hub app can be used independently from one of their wifi plans. You don't have to buy a plan to use the app.

When I search for Carnival Hub in the App Store, it's the first search result. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch, according to them.

Thank you. When I search under iPad doesn't show up, but under iPhone it does...strange. Have installed from iPhone..hope it works thanks.

Thank you. When I search under iPad doesn't show up, but under iPhone it does...strange. Have installed from iPhone..hope it works thanks.
No problem, glad you found it. Does the countdown clock work at least? You won't get any of the other features until you get on board, but if the countdown works, I'm guessing the rest of it will. If it wasn't compatible, more than likely it wouldn't open or it'd just crash immediately.

No problem, glad you found it. Does the countdown clock work at least? You won't get any of the other features until you get on board, but if the countdown works, I'm guessing the rest of it will. If it wasn't compatible, more than likely it wouldn't open or it'd just crash immediately.

Just tried it and yes the countdown clock does work thank you. It would be great to have on the iPad to look up fun times and events etc. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums