Trinidad & Tobago

sxphil

MSC takes 4000 pax ship in there regularly. Preziosa(sp) goes, The stop itself is like many ports it is an actual working shipping port but the weird thing about the iteniraries is that they all start in Matinique so difficult to get to.

• 3 months later...
Last time we stopped at Dominican Republic was in 1998.

We stopped in Samana a few hrs ago...worst island I’ve been to. Very poor, not much to see. The excursions were really a ripoff. A cigar factory turned out to b a lean to with two guys handrolling some tobacco leaves. We were held up by a dozen school children begging money. It was awful

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m wondering the same about the Dominican Republic. Why don’t they go there? My best guess is because they have their private island just around the corner in Haiti (Labadee), but that’s not really a great reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good news, Vision will be calling on Punta Cana

9f698684f4f2be1aa393f0e065932fec.jpg

We stopped in Samana a few hrs ago...worst island I’ve been to. Very poor, not much to see. The excursions were really a ripoff. A cigar factory turned out to b a lean to with two guys handrolling some tobacco leaves. We were held up by a dozen school children begging money. It was awful

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like not much has changed from our 1998 visit.

Several cruise lines call in Port of Spain, Trinidad, as well as Scarborough, Tobago. My ex is from Trinidad, so I've been. Tobago is this place to go for nice beaches, save for several in Trinidad. It's not the crime...many of the routinely visited ports (Belize, Jamaica, Bahamas, and St. Kitts, for example) have higher crime rates based on recent statistics. It's likely because Trinidad is one of the only (if not the only) Caribbean nation that doesn't rely on tourism. It has skyscrapers downtown (what other island has that? ok, not like NYC, but...you get the point), and is self-sustaining in multiple industries.

But it's worth visiting for the food alone :hearteyes:

I'll be sailing on oasis of the seas in February.. has any one sail on deck 12 near cabin 12183? It's near the front of the ship?... I was wondering is it a good view and is it quiet and most importantly will I get motion sickness fron that part of the ship?

The motion you will feel is mostly dependent on the sea/wind conditions. Not possible to say if you will get motion sickness.

Was on a Celebrity cruise maybe 5 years ago and we had a port stop in Tobago. Went to a beautiful beach there (clean, soft sand and warm water). They have really nice highways with more than one traffic light. :D