Minisuite

luvcarnival

We are currently booked on the Getaway in a midship minisuite. I see that 2 minisuites with large balconies have become available. Is it worth $300 to move? I like the idea of the large balcony with the 4 of us but not sure if it's worth it? Anyone stayed in one of these cabins? Is the balcony that much bigger?

Thanks!

We always go for it as there are three of us. The standard balcony is tiny, barely large enough for the two chairs on it which you would need to incline to avoid banging knees on the glass. The large balcony has two loungers, two chairs and a full height table. The deck eight ones are the best. I'm not sure if all minisuite get the spa jet shower but the M6 definitely does which is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Forums mobile app

The standard balcony is tiny, barely large enough for the two chairs on it which you would need to incline to avoid banging knees on the glass.

yes, the balconies are tiny, but we've never banged our knees against the glass and my fiance is 6ft tall. that said, we spend very little time on our balcony so we'd never pay extra for a large one. even when we had a large one in a suite, we sat on it once.

• 2 weeks later...
It may be worth waiting until closer to your cruise for the NCL Upgrade Advantage Bid Email. Check what is left open and place a bid if interested. You only have to pay extra for the first 2 guests in the cabin.

Right - you only pay for the first two. But, if you do not "win" the bid, you are right back where you started. Not everyone gets their bid of course.

Garden Villa or don't sail.

Haven't seen a GV on the Getaway lately.

OP, your current balcony will seat 2 people with their backs against the sliding door and knees against the balcony glass. You have to really decide how much time you will spend on your balcony. How much did you sit out there on your prior 3 cruises?

We sit on our balcony,,, and most of the others are empty 100% of the time. We have sailed on NCL megaships 14 times, and it is pretty much the same on all. The large balconies (which everyone looks down on from above) are empty 95% of the time. Most people go up and hang out on deck with the music/entertainment and a bar.

Garden Villa or don't sail.

I find posts like this of little use.

After all, you can easily spend over $1,000 to $2,000 a night for that suite. Not many people can spend that kind of money.

In fact some 2,000 people repeatedly pick less expensive cabins every cruise. Our cruise still has one of the GVs available at over $15,000 last I checked.

• 10 months later...

There are five of us cruising and we spend a lot of time out on our balconies visiting, sometimes even all five of us out there together if we can fit. So for us, the larger balcony is worth it, especially since you can't get dividers opened between cabins. We booked two of the deck 8 mini suites with the large balconies. This is our first time getting these. Last time we had the large balcony cabins just above these and had balcony envy looking down. The regular sized balconies on NCL are quite small, smaller than Carnival balconies for example and would be a disappointment to us.

There are five of us cruising and we spend a lot of time out on our balconies visiting, sometimes even all five of us out there together if we can fit. So for us, the larger balcony is worth it, especially since you can't get dividers opened between cabins. We booked two of the deck 8 mini suites with the large balconies. This is our first time getting these. Last time we had the large balcony cabins just above these and had balcony envy looking down. The regular sized balconies on NCL are quite small, smaller than Carnival balconies for example and would be a disappointment to us.

Yes. The regular balconies are very tiny. Enjoy the space on your large balcony!

Thanks Birdtravels and Vacation44, Your posts help make me feel like we made the right choice for our group to spend the extra dollars for these. We just really like private outdoor space.