Hurricane Season Cruise Fares

Will cruise fares for hurricane season typically drop even more once we are in Sept-Nov? I recall last year seeing fares (sail away rate) for as low as $399 US during those months.

Or are those amazing deals now gone for good?

Thoughts?

I do book last minute cruises into storms @ $399 p.p.

Usually 3 or so day's before sailing. ;p

Could be an active season.

I'm sorry my crystal ball is a bit cloudy right now. Therefore I cannot tell you what cruise prices will be in 1-3 months. I'll try to find someone to clean it for me so I can give you an answer to your question.

Thanks! That would be so kind of you. You are soooo helpful and add so much value to my post.

We booked a cruise to Bermuda last year (October 2016) on the Breakaway out of NYC. Booked many months in advance ... got burned by Matthew and ended up with a crappy cruise to Pt C and Nassau. Previously, our ports were reshuffled on our cruise on the Escape in November 2015 due another hurricane. No more cruising during the season until we are able to book with less than one weeks notice.

Will cruise fares for hurricane season typically drop even more once we are in Sept-Nov? I recall last year seeing fares (sail away rate) for as low as $399 US during those months.

Or are those amazing deals now gone for good?

Thoughts?

No way to tell.

Will cruise fares for hurricane season typically drop even more once we are in Sept-Nov? I recall last year seeing fares (sail away rate) for as low as $399 US during those months. Or are those amazing deals now gone for good? Thoughts?

Fares have nothing to do with hurricane season. They have to do with the end of summer vacation for many families so lower demand for cruises. You just have to realize that if you book during that window, that there is a chance for a storm (both in the Atlantic and the Pacific).

Thanks! That would be so kind of you. You are soooo helpful and add so much value to my post.

Well to be fair, your post is kind of silly. No one can predict if there will be amazing deals in the future since the price is based on how well the cruise is selling. It can even vary for certain categories. If there are lots of open staterooms in a category the price drops, if there aren't many left the price goes up. The weather has nothing to do with it. I saw a pretty amazing deal for a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise in November that was $499 the other day, so there are definitely some good deals to be had.

If you are within driving distance of ports with many ships running weekly donuts, you can often find last minute deals - have passports/travel docs ready and rollberboards & backpacks on standby ... and wait.

Last year & year before, NCL dropped & offered last minute rock bottom fares with incoming hurricanes AND announced possible changes in itineraries ... folks with insurance started cancelling = vacant (again) cabins & you can sail "cheap" - don't recall if they included the "Free" perks or not. It's possible as long as you don't mind where on the ship - deck/location & aren't seasick easily ...

If are on a small/floating city, self-sustaining and well provisioned - full HVAC - outdoors would be a problem on sea days - and you don't need to hunt for bread, milk & cook/clean or worry about flash flooding or power outage (knock on woods) ... it can worked out much nicer than evacuating or shelter-in-place.

Harvey down in the Caribbean water is now being watched and there's another tropical disturbance not far behind ... 70% chance ... next week.