Robo Call Free Cruise Class Action Settlement

Luvcrusn

When I went to the link I got a security warning about possible hackers... then decided am I giving my number out to someone else.

I think I will skip it even though I think I have gotten these calls. Just do not like giving out information, just trusting my gut on this one.

You went to the wrong link. Go to the second one that was corrected below it.

My number was on the list and DH's was not. I filed my claim. Thanks for posting this. We are also on the Do Not Call list:rolleyes:

It would be wonderful to make a dent in all of these annoying calls. I recently downloaded an app called "Mr Number" and it marks the calls as spam - it's not fool proof but it does help quite a bit. There are a number of good apps out there to cut down on the calls. I would recommend everyone to check them out - it may save your sanity - it has helped with ours(y)

My number was on the list and DH's was not. I filed my claim. Thanks for posting this. We are also on the Do Not Call list:rolleyes:

It would be wonderful to make a dent in all of these annoying calls. I recently downloaded an app called "Mr Number" and it marks the calls as spam - it's not fool proof but it does help quite a bit. There are a number of good apps out there to cut down on the calls. I would recommend everyone to check them out - it may save your sanity - it has helped with ours(y)

Thanks, we get 5-6 calls a day between our house # and cells! So annoying and we are on the do not call list!

• 1 month later...

Looks like the settlement might be around $6 each.

The Court has authorized this supplemental e-mail Notice to inform consumers who have filed claims that, to date, over two million claims have been filed seeking to recover from a Settlement Fund expected to total $12.5 million.

Due to the large number of claims, the individual recovery per consumer will be a pro rata share of the Settlement Fund. The exact per consumer recovery is still unknown, but it is expected to amount to several dollars per Class Member.

• 6 months later...

Just thought I'd post an update. I got an email yesterday saying the suit was settled. There were 2,000,000 claims and asking for verification of ownership of affected telephone numbers. All in all (just my guess here) each verified claimant will receive about $.25;p

Just thought I'd post an update. I got an email yesterday saying the suit was settled. There were 2,000,000 claims and asking for verification of ownership of affected telephone numbers. All in all (just my guess here) each verified claimant will receive about $.25;p

Yes, I received 3 e-mails since I registered 3 different phone numbers that belong to me. I am wondering how many of the 2 mil will submit the required supporting documentation in the time required. Two of the e-mails went into my SPAM folder so if it hadn't been for the other one I would have never known.

When I went to the link I got a security warning about possible hackers... then decided am I giving my number out to someone else.

I think I will skip it even though I think I have gotten these calls. Just do not like giving out information, just trusting my gut on this one.

I’m with you. Maybe I’m overly suspicious. Just don’t think I will give out any information. Better safe than sorry. 😏

Careful. I got a warning from my security software about this site. I did not open it.

You are right to be cautious. I did however carefully research the email and website address from several extremely reliable sources before replying. Your security software was doing its job well to advise you of a possibility of a phishing scam, but in this case, it was an honest contact. At any rate, whether you choose to reply or not, you'll likely not be missing out on much of a settlement considering the number of claims received.

You need copies of a phone bill from 2010 to 2014. Good luck!

That is incorrect. You need a copy of a bill connecting you to claimed phone numbers. Nothing says the bill has to be from the years you stated. Here's the relevant part of the email:

• You are receiving this email because the Settlement Administrator in the class action captioned Charvat v. Resort Marketing Group, Inc. et al., 1:12cv5746 United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, received a claim or claims from you that included this e-mail address as a means of contact.

• The Settlement Administrator recently informed the Court that over two million claims were filed in this action by consumers who received publication notice of the settlement and submitted a claim on line via the portal provided at www.RMGTCPASettlement.com. The Settlement Administrator has also informed the Court that an unknown but substantial number of claims filed in this manner may be fraudulent.

• To ensure that only valid claims are recognized, the Court has ordered that all recipients of this email must submit proof of their connection to the phone numbers at issue before their claims can be deemed valid. See Court Order Dated March 5, 2018, DE # 619.

• Claimants are hereby advised to forward documents sufficient to confirm their connection, (be it by ownership, use or subscription), to each phone number upon which they contend to have received telemarketing calls relating to this litigation.

• Such documents could include, but need not be limited to, a phone bill or a reference to a phone directory confirming the connection between the phone number and the claimant.

• Any documentation that will allow the Parties or the Settlement Administrator to independently verify the claimant's ownership, use or subscription to the phone number at issue will be sufficient.

• We request that you please limit your submission to a single page, if possible.

Luvscrusn; not clear if your interpretation is correct (not saying it's wrong), but verifying that you had a phone number 8 years ago by sending a current bill (what if you changed numbers or moved, etc), will be sufficient. Good luck, butr I sent an old invoice since we did change numbers.

Luvscrusn; not clear if your interpretation is correct (not saying it's wrong), but verifying that you had a phone number 8 years ago by sending a current bill (what if you changed numbers or moved, etc), will be sufficient. Good luck, butr I sent an old invoice since we did change numbers.

Since we've had the same numbers with the same carrier during the time frame, the ownership is easily verified by anyone checking. If I currently had a different number I'd have had to do some serious digging and probably the return on time investment wouldn't be worth it. Besides, if I'd moved I'd also probably have purged all that old paperwork. Whatever, my life will go on with or without the settlement!;p

I just downloaded the PDFs of both my landline carrier and my mobile carrier, then with a PDF editor, removed all but the first pages, then combined the pages into a single document. As long as it shows your phone numbers and address, you should be good.

Of course, this email showed up in my SPAM folder.

• 11 months later...

Has anyone received payment on this yet? A friend of mine claimed she saw posts on facebook about people already receiving their checks, but the case doesn't seem closed yet? Also...is there any way to check my claim number to see if it is included? I sent in my additional documentation before the cut off date, and I'd just like to know if I'm wasting my time checking into this...

On 4/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, jessa8301 said:

Has anyone received payment on this yet? A friend of mine claimed she saw posts on facebook about people already receiving their checks, but the case doesn't seem closed yet? Also...is there any way to check my claim number to see if it is included? I sent in my additional documentation before the cut off date, and I'd just like to know if I'm wasting my time checking into this...

Since the final hearing date of March 28, 2019 was struck down on March 26, 2019 and a new date has yet to be set, any reports on social media sites are likely to be bogus. I checked the site today. Here's a link to what I found. 

https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Home.aspx

Edited by Luvcrusn

That's what I was thinking. Especially when one person said they got $4 and another said $480. Thought that was strange. They just keep postponing it two days before the 'final hearing'.... Gotta love the legal system 🙄 thanks for getting back to me. Nice to hear from an actual person. Have a great day!

2 hours ago, jessa8301 said:

That's what I was thinking. Especially when one person said they got $4 and another said $480. Thought that was strange. They just keep postponing it two days before the 'final hearing'.... Gotta love the legal system 🙄 thanks for getting back to me. Nice to hear from an actual person. Have a great day!

You're welcome. I don't expect much so I guess I won't be disappointed, whatever happens....happens.😎