Robo Call Free Cruise Class Action Settlement

Luvcrusn

On 8/18/2017 at 7:51 PM, Orator said:

IMHO the "Do not Call" list is worthless. I've filled out complaint forms and never received a response of any type. I once called the FCC about a call that was coming to my home phone 3 or 4 times a day and was told that "nothing could be done" since the calls were usually made over a short time from Starbucks. I now screen ALL calls!

The do not call list was worthless from the start.  They exempted politicians - allowing themselves to make solicitation calls to get votes.  

On 8/18/2017 at 6:56 AM, keesar said:

Read the fine print regarding the settlement. Guess who gets paid first? It is not the people eligible for a claim.

More importantly, I wonder who gave out my phone numbers to the marketing company? I have a good idea.

They don’t need your number.   All they do is call every number in a exchange.   They never know who they are talking to unless you tell them.  

Whenever I am bored and want to have some fun I play along with them ask a lot of questions,  give a false name and stall as long as I can.  Act like I don’t understand or hear them and have them repeat everything.  I pretend as if I am interested and then tell them that I am on the process of divorce, filling bankruptcy, and might be  facing prison time for fraud but I would like to take the cruise if I can send them a check that may be worthless as I have no money, no job, and no credit.  Plus it would be a away to get out of the country skipping bail.  

agreed about the settlement.   The only party making any money is the lawyer and problem might be if they don’t win those that signed up may be liable for the costs of the lawsuit. 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

• 1 year later...

The whole thing sounds suspicious.

I'd rather not submit any personal information in the hopes of receiving a few dollars.

Now, everybody's odds are better -- one less to share the wealth with.

Just because you received a robo call , ya think they're going to send you a chunk of dough ?

• Like 1

Got a check yesterday for $83.42

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

The whole thing sounds suspicious.

I'd rather not submit any personal information in the hopes of receiving a few dollars.

Now, everybody's odds are better -- one less to share the wealth with.

Just because you received a robo call , ya think they're going to send you a chunk of dough ?

Nothing suspicious, its a legitimate class action suit which generally pays almost nothing to the people but boat loads of money to the lawyers.   Got my check yesterday for $83.42.   I put the paperwork in for wife, adult son, adult daughter and myself.  We all got phone calls. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 5:57 AM, wrk2cruise said:

The settlement is up to $300 per claim and you can make 3 claims (1 per cruise line I suspect). As the prior poster said it depends on the number of people with valid claims and all the legal fees get paid first. I hope someone comes back in a couple of years and tells us what the actual payment is.

The actual payment is likely to be in the $20 area.  Thousands applied.  The $20 number from below.

Since the proposed settlement deal received preliminary approval, claims for benefits have already come flooding in. Bloomberg reports that 274,851 valid claims have been filed, making the average amount given to Class Members around $22.

We received our settlement check today for a whopping $25.02. We had 3 telephone numbers affected by the calls. It'll pay for a pizza during quarantine.  At least those calls have stopped. Now if they could just stop the other robo calls from car warranties, "card services," time shares, power company nonsense, carpet cleaners, back pain remedies, fake IRS, etc.,etc., etc.....

Interesting. I guess I missed this thread back in 2017. Congratulations to all receiving compensation.

We were on the useless “Do not call list” too. A couple of years ago we found a better, free of charge service called Nomorobo. We screen all our landline phone calls in addition to using Nomorobo. The house is so much quieter and peaceful now.

• 9 months later...

🤑 🤑🤑 Received another BIG Check for a whopping $2.50.

When combined with the previous $16.68 check, received back in August 2020, that brings the grand total to  $19.18 🤑🤑🤑

12 minutes ago, rakes5 said:

🤑 🤑🤑 Received another BIG Check for a whopping $2.50.

When combined with the previous $16.68 check, received back in August 2020, that brings the grand total to  $19.18 🤑🤑🤑

Got a check also for $2.50, not sure its the same settlement though.